Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 12:43 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

The same thing gets politicians every time. No, I'm not talking about corruption. I'm talking about what hypocrites they are.

"Ted Cruz is no fan of “New York values” but the Republican presidential candidate has found rival Donald Trump’s home town to be a lucrative source of donations throughout his brief political career. Cruz’s presidential campaign has raised at least $470,851 from New York donors in the first three quarters of fundraising this primary season, making the state his fourth most lucrative in the U.S., according to the nonpartisan campaign finance group the Center for Responsive Politics. Not only that, but Cruz’s second-largest super-PAC contribution — a check for $11 million — came from financier Robert Mercer, whose hedge fund Renaissance Technologies is headquartered in East Setauket, NY."

Cruz hates New York values — but likes New York money
Cruz hates New York values

All of the other big NY donors to him and his PACs are mentioned in the article. He came to NY for money when he ran for the Senate, too, so who is he trying to kid? Those big NY donors will tell him to dance if he's elected...and he will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 02:06 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Pretty much modern era political hypocrisy and sellout. I Dislike their values but I'll take your money and do whatever you want good sir!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Cruz is a generally loathsome figure to anybody swimming in the deeper end of the gene pool.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:33 AM

119 posts, read 110,776 times
I don't believe Trump is good at debating. Aside from talking about building an unbuildable wall along our southern border and keeping out Muslims, he really has no policy to speak of or defend. He's good at insulting people and boasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Trump is a good debater and he is good in one on one confrontations. He has made the most of these opportunities. I will say that about him. Cruz left an opening and Trump pounced on it.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:23 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
The Republican nominee won’t be determined by a single hashtag or debate. But if you really think the #NewYorkValues debate is helping Donald Trump, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.
The New York Values Fight Is A Loser For Trump

This NYer gets it.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:50 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I guess you and Cruz are correct. The Republican party needs to be split in 2. Cruz wants to divide us all and put us in silos. A poor characteristic for a guy that wants to be president. He can go back to Canada where he belongs.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:03 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I guess you and Cruz are correct. The Republican party needs to be split in 2. Cruz wants to divide us all and put us in silos. A poor characteristic for a guy that wants to be president. He can go back to Canada where he belongs.
Like the article said: The Republican nominee won’t be determined by a single hashtag or debate. But if you really think the #NewYorkValues debate is helping Donald Trump, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.

It was all a non-issue and frankly the local NY media came off as an immature overly sensitive insecure junior high kid. Trump invoked 9/11 as a low blow to distract from the accusations lobbied at him. It was emotional drivel. So apparently conservatives can't attack DC politics/values either for fear of someone drudging up 9/11, eh?

So gullible.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:32 PM

126 posts, read 214,113 times
The problem with Trump is, people are upset because he's a "celebrity" If I asked anyone to expand their business to TV for an extra $250 million dollars. everyone will say yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: