Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 10:41 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You even missed that Kamms was talking about you when they spoke of haughtiness and arrogance.

No, I certainly did not. I responded appropriately. It would appear that YOU missed something. Uh-oh.

And I would suggest that someone shacking up with a bunch of guns because they alone carry the holy grail of Americanism indicates far more - and far more disturbing - haughtiness and arrogance than facility with writing and a decent grasp of some issues ever would.

But it's probably, you know, just me.

More foaming at the mouth. It's great. People are not even rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 10:42 AM

298 posts, read 270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
How do you know if they have fathers around or not? Are you inside of their households?
really. why is everything blamed on "fatherless households." The women are the ones to blame. They have low self esteem or just dumb. They keep opening their legs for losers, drug dealers, felons, etc. They never heard of birth control? Day after pill? Just go to Planned Parenthood. It doesn't cost a lot of money and done free if you're "needy." Stop laying all the blame on the men. Men are going to be men. The women are the ones who decide to have these kids or not. People....

as for that "teacher."... "cry me a river..." he should have known what he was getting into.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
How do you know if they have fathers around or not? Are you inside of their households?
Crystal ball stored next to the guns and a much-loved (if not read) and enshrined copy of the constitution.

The enshrinement keeps it safe from exposure to historical understanding and that mortal enemy of most such people - gasp ! - informed engagement and interpretation.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:44 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
There are several factors that create this issue.

the status of the nuclear family = people having kids that have no business having kids. people having kids in unstable relationships, people having kids when they are NOT financially, emotionally or mentally ready to having kids. parents not involved in their child's life due to not having time, not wanting to be bothered, or believing it's the teacher's responsibility to raise them.

the social environment = the neighborhood that they live in. is it a positive or negative environment? (is it UES/UWS or East New York/Brownsville) The type of neighborhood will also impact the type of peer that they will socialize with, admire, etc.

Social Media = the negative stereotypes of music, television, movies, etc. Children are susceptible to the stereotype that is constantly played on those mediums.

Education & After-School resources = the quality of teachers + educational materials are always important. We should have retired teachers as consultants for brand new teachers. Have them sit in on their lectures, give tips, critics, etc. High School teachers should have at least 5 years of teaching experience before being able to teach at the high school level. I have read a lot of stories about 24 to 27 year old teachers having sex with their students. We also need to invest in after-school activities to hopefully deter negative lifestyle choices. (music, art, sports (not just team sports), home ed, sex education, etc)

Active Parents = see point #1. If you decide to have kids, it means you are taking on a full-time dynamic job. If you don't have time for another full-time job please have safe sex.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:17 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Crystal ball stored next to the guns and a much-loved (if not read) and enshrined copy of the constitution.

The enshrinement keeps it safe from exposure to historical understanding and that mortal enemy of most such people - gasp ! - informed engagement and interpretation.
Moynihan Report politics also.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erauso1592 View Post
really. why is everything blamed on "fatherless households." The women are the ones to blame. They have low self esteem or just dumb. They keep opening their legs for losers, drug dealers, felons, etc. They never heard of birth control? Day after pill? Just go to Planned Parenthood. It doesn't cost a lot of money and done free if you're "needy." Stop laying all the blame on the men. Men are going to be men. The women are the ones who decide to have these kids or not. People....

as for that "teacher."... "cry me a river..." he should have known what he was getting into.
I see plenty of black and Latino fathers in underprivileged areas with their kids and having both parents active in their lives.

Maybe during the 80s-90s crack era it was worse.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I see plenty of black and Latino fathers in underprivileged areas with their kids and having both parents active in their lives.

Maybe during the 80s-90s crack era it was worse.
And perhaps it has something to do with this broadly speaking.

62 people own as much wealth as half the world

Old 01-18-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
And perhaps it has something to do with this broadly speaking.

62 people own as much wealth as half the world
Money to feed entire nations.

But society tells the overly simplistic "work hard!" One day you can be like this!!

Old 01-18-2016, 11:42 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
Are you saying that because the behavioral issues are tracked on a racial basis, government officials have indirectly applied pressure to the schools to relax discipline, so as not to produce statistics whose results might be politically incorrect?
There's management directives that say such on paper.
It's about closing 'gaps'- and on some levels I can see why people support and get behind it.

The problem is that we are unwilling to change race or cater to it.
We merely track color, but then produce a solid monochrome solution.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:52 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
No, I certainly did not. I responded appropriately. It would appear that YOU missed something. Uh-oh.

And I would suggest that someone shacking up with a bunch of guns because they alone carry the holy grail of Americanism indicates far more - and far more disturbing - haughtiness and arrogance than facility with writing and a decent grasp of some issues ever would.

But it's probably, you know, just me.

More foaming at the mouth. It's great. People are not even rational.
In other words, still no explanation of what secret factors you claim are responsible for the lack of response to poor behavior in NYC schools. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: