Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 05:51 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times

Advertisements

I must've missed the memo that said what he stated is the absolute truth. Because he says she is talking to seven guys, you automatically believe him?

Abusers usually believe things that aren't true and accuse the women they are often cheating on themselves of cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 06:14 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
If I had a girlfriend...
I can see why you don't.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:01 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I saw the video and interpreted what he said in his thick Dominican Spanish. I'm not sure if it is true or not. I caught the same feeling as well through his video that he was playing a white Knight and he was good to her. She was talking to 7 different guys at the time while he was also with her.
If I was to speculate the guy is very possessive towards his baby's mother who he financially supports, but is not married to. The women is stuck in a bad situation as she depends on him for child support, but openly hopes to find a more stable partner who would be more responsible. The women doesn't see it as cheating as he did not wife her and clearly mistreat her. In the video, the guy mentions there was a potential suitor who was considering renting an apartment for her to leave the situation she was in.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:02 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
I feel like this girl was a FOB (fresh off the boat) latina. She probably thought he was a catch back in the DR but once she arrived her she saw how other dudes were rolling.

I had a friend who went to the DR and fell in love with a Dominican mami and wifed her up. He brought her to NYC and in less than a year she was banging other dudes. She was young 22; nice figure, pretty face and long black hair. Eventually, they broke up.

Rule of thumb;
Do not wife up FOBs women. Especially if they are for a 3rd world country. The transition from 3rd world country to 1st world country can be a culture shock.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:18 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I had a friend who went to the DR and fell in love with a Dominican mami and wifed her up. He brought her to NYC and in less than a year she was banging other dudes. She was young 22; nice figure, pretty face and long black hair. Eventually, they broke up.

Rule of thumb; Do not wife up FOBs women. Especially if they are for a 3rd world country. The transition from 3rd world country to 1st world country can be a culture shock.
bull****, many guys who can't find a girl in a developed country take advantage of poorer countries by enticing women to sleep with them/marry them if they ever hope to escape poverty. Women desperate to escape poverty marry the guy and hopes to break up with him once she leaves the country. Your friend should realize he is a loser and his wife didn't make the decision to leave him in a vacuum.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:58 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
bull****, many guys who can't find a girl in a developed country take advantage of poorer countries by enticing women to sleep with them/marry them if they ever hope to escape poverty. Women desperate to escape poverty marry the guy and hopes to break up with him once she leaves the country. Your friend should realize he is a loser and his wife didn't make the decision to leave him in a vacuum.
He didn't marry her; he wifed her (made her into a serious girlfriend). At the end of the day, it's a two-way street where both parties are trying to get what they want.

My friend is not a loser. He was just a guy desperately trying to find love.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:10 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,907,683 times
Quote:
My friend is not a loser. He was just a guy desperately trying to find love.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:50 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I don't know the full background of this story since I haven't heard BOTH sides but maybe she deserved the beating/humiliation. The reality is that if you act like a hoe then you get treated like one and you therefore forfeit your womanhood.

I just hope that the boyfriend actually confirmed whether she cheated or not before implementing any discipline, if not, then the beating was unwarranted. If I had a girlfriend and I could actually PROVE that she was cheating then she may be subject to the same consequences.

Hopefully this serves as a lesson to both people involved.
You'll end up in jail with your life destroyed. Not worth it. If she's like this leave the woman.

Also you never know one of her other lovers might decide to punish you for beating his girl and now you've got to fight like they do on Hercules (to the death) with some dude. Really not worth it.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:52 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,907,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Also you never know one of her other lovers might decide to punish you for beating his girl and now you've got to fight like they do on Hercules (to the death) with some dude. Really not worth it.
Even better! I love fighting!!

Will I win? Maybe...maybe not. You win some: you lose some

Old 01-23-2016, 08:58 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
I feel like this girl was a FOB (fresh off the boat) latina. She probably thought he was a catch back in the DR but once she arrived her she saw how other dudes were rolling.

Rule of thumb;
Do not wife up FOBs women. Especially if they are for a 3rd world country. The transition from 3rd world country to 1st world country can be a culture shock.
My thoughts exactly. I always suggest for guys not to go to DR to marry these women and bring them to NYC. Maybe isolated places, or places far removed from immigrant ethnic populations might help. This stuff is very common in heavy ethnic neighborhoods of NYC. I suggest for guys, if they plan on marrying foreign women, best to stay in their country and be an expat, instead of marrying a woman, doing paper work, bring her to nyc, and then she is up in the heights or west Bronx and banging other Dominican dudes, black guys, Puerto Ricans and cops chasing that booty.

You get a rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City