Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 02:35 PM

31,885 posts, read 26,916,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqa View Post
Somebody please help me....I'm starving to death. I have a lot of food in my house but without eggs and milk I can't eat anything else. LOL

I don't like the snow but we have a had a pretty mild winter so far. It will be interesting to see how much snow we get after this. Last year was similar and the snow didn't stop for awhile. It seems we will be having shorter yet more brutal winters.
Truth to tell on average for years now NYC does not get hard core winter weather until late December though March or even a good part of April.

Christmas season was warm this year and IIRC for the past few. However several years ago we had a massive snow storm just the day after Christmas that shut down much of the North East-Eastern Seaboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 06:21 PM
gqa

175 posts, read 152,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Truth to tell on average for years now NYC does not get hard core winter weather until late December though March or even a good part of April.

Christmas season was warm this year and IIRC for the past few. However several years ago we had a massive snow storm just the day after Christmas that shut down much of the North East-Eastern Seaboard.
I agree mostly, but it doesn't seem like NYC winter snow storms have extended into April much anymore (my memory could be wrong). So if we continue to get snow later into January, I'm hoping next year February, hopefully it means less time dealing with this stuff. Even if we get a little snow in April the warmer temps makes it go away quickly!

Old 01-23-2016, 07:54 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Im starving, broke, threw out my winter boots in a hissy fit last year saying NEVER again. Sorry if I come across as a bitter negative person. I am a bitter negative person, there's millions of us.
I feel sorry for your roommate and neighbors.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:18 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,230,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
I feel sorry for your roommate and neighbors.
I feel sorry for us on this board. Never offers anything but complains about his life. We don't want to hear it.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:20 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,117,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I feel sorry for us on this board. Never offers anything but complains about his life. We don't want to hear it.
He's a type of troll, albeit an odd one. We should just click on the report function every time he goes into his tirades bashing people who have children, or whatever tirade he's on.

"Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

"Trolling" is prohibited."

Old 01-23-2016, 09:27 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,248 times
"Unique (perhaps negative) perspectives on things such as reproduction is prohibited" There changed it for you.

Guess what? I shall leave on my own. I thought this website wasn't so much about hive mentality and fakeness. Guess not.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:25 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,341,041 times
Travel ban has been lifted downstate and there is already limited bus service in NYC. The outdoors subway lines are expected to be running at 9 AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City