Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 04:39 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
If Bloomberg enters the race as an Independent, he will steal votes away from Hillary. Nobody likes Hillary. Hillary must be praying Bloomberg doesn't enter. Lol
I read that he wouldn't run if Hillary was the nominee. As the onest of the 1 percent, he wouldn't be a fan of Sander's agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 04:53 PM

236 posts, read 271,722 times
It's being reported he would run only if it's Sanders vs Trump/Cruz. I honestly wouldn't blame him. He would have appeal to voters on both sides, and then he'd grab a lot of the people in the middle who are likely not sold on either side. Outside of NYC, he has a good reputation. I think people would buy in.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:56 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneye217 View Post
It's being reported he would run only if it's Sanders vs Trump/Cruz. I honestly wouldn't blame him. He would have appeal to voters on both sides, and then he'd grab a lot of the people in the middle who are likely not sold on either side. Outside of NYC, he has a good reputation. I think people would buy in.
Great way to potentially end up with a President Trump. Bloomberg is quite a guy.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:09 PM

539 posts, read 523,542 times
Hearing about crap like the Soda ban would REALLY rile up republicans. Would not be good for the democratic party.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:23 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
Hearing about crap like the Soda ban would REALLY rile up republicans. Would not be good for the democratic party.
I think gun control and immigration would be more of a problem with republicans. Minority democratic voters wouldn't be too happy about stop and frisk going national.

I think he's more scared of sanders winning the party nomination. Sanders would be bad for business.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:57 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I read that he wouldn't run if Hillary was the nominee. As the onest of the 1 percent, he wouldn't be a fan of Sander's agenda.
If anyone that has watched the news and including the new movie, the 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. There's a lot of questions about Hillary's role.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:28 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
One thing is that the rich and wealthy are divided between liberal elitist vs the business savvy conservative types. Liberal elitist don't want to see Trump, but also don't want to see an ultra progressive Bernie Sanders either. Looks like thier hope falls in line with Bloomberg.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:58 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
One thing is that the rich and wealthy are divided between liberal elitist vs the business savvy conservative types. Liberal elitist don't want to see Trump, but also don't want to see an ultra progressive Bernie Sanders either. Looks like thier hope falls in line with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg isn't winning this election.

I don't recall anyone going from mayor to President just like that. Bloomberg has not won a statewide election in New York, and it remains to be seen if he could.

Bloomberg completely screwed over NYC's Republicans so bad of all people de Blasio became mayor.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If anyone that has watched the news and including the new movie, the 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. There's a lot of questions about Hillary's role.
And that wasn't his concern. He doesn't like Bernie Sanders, and he doesn't like the platform Trump is running on. He said he would consider a RUN if HILLARY doesn't win the nomination.

NYC mayors never go anywhere politically after they are finished being mayor. Bloomberg's bid for President would end up in the same place as Giuliani's bid for President.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Bloomberg can easily dethrone Sanders and Hillary in a national stage. What Trump has shown is that the people want institution candidates out. Bush, Hillary, Cruz, Rubio, all have fund raisers where folks like you and me can't even afford to get a seat at these events. Big donors from the tech, financials, and legal who's who are all there to line up there pockets so they can get their favors done before everything else.
Trump himself has admitted to being one of those big donors who gave money to politicians. He is an insider and was always politically connected.

As for what do I think of Bloomberg's candidacy? I'd would vote for TRUMP before I vote for Bloomberg.

I'm a Democrat and my favorite candidate is Hillary Clinton. But I've had enough Bloomberg fatigue. The man is over politically and has no base of support from either the national Democrats or the Republicans. To be completely honest he isn't taking votes away from either party at this point. He'd be torn apart if he runs for office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City