Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 01:03 PM

124 posts, read 105,292 times

Advertisements

Also, I've made it a point to only date guys who live outside of prime Manhattan. Anyone above Harlem or outer borough is cool. For the most part all the gay men in the city are too transplant, feminine, pretentious, materialistic and drug/club rat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 03:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Every single guy I have ever met always tells me they are taller than they really are so I am not surprised you were lied to at all. I am tall for a chick (5'9"-5'10") and I've had guys tell me they are 5'10" when they are clearly shorter than me and 6' tall when we are the exact same height. Then they insist I am wrong and they are correct. I don't get it. It's like they think if they really believe it, it will become true.
I'm 6 foot 3. I'm taller than an average new yorker with an all American country boy build. I have to say that I finally realize importance of height in dating. For example. My height I should only be with women that hover anywhere from 5 foot 8 and up. One of the things I noticed about nyc over the years is that plenty of women are with short men or men slightly thier height or a bit taller and not super tall. As of recently I can never look or approach short women again. Not that this is shallow, but it's reality. Also short women here are very picky.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 01-30-2016 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-30-2016, 03:31 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,156 times
If you're a superficial person which majority of people wont admit and NYC is full of them then the answer is yes.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:56 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,699,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm 6 foot 3. I'm taller than an average new yorker with an all American country boy build. I have to say that I finally realize importance of height in dating. For example. My height I should only be with women that hover anywhere from 5 foot 8 and up. One of the things I noticed about nyc over the years is that plenty of women are with short men or men slightly thier height or a bit taller and not super tall. As of recently I can never look or approach short women again. Not that this is shallow, but it's reality. Also short women here are very picky.
Yeah I hear you brother. It's so hard to date in NYC. All the women think that men are out there to get them hurt. They always look this mean look like dont f with me. It's such a turn off to talk to women in NYC. That's why I prefer to talk to women outside NYC.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Yeah I hear you brother. It's so hard to date in NYC. All the women think that men are out there to get them hurt. They always look this mean look like dont f with me. It's such a turn off to talk to women in NYC. That's why I prefer to talk to women outside NYC.
Women here have more to loose like their dignity, who they are, societal pressures and so forth amongst family and friends if they go out a particular guy. If I was a women who is from or living in NYC. I would probably be extremely shallow and picky.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:15 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
Quote:
Women here have more to loose like their dignity, who they are, societal pressures and so forth amongst family and friends if they go out a particular guy. If I was a women who is from or living in NYC. I would probably be extremely shallow and picky.
You don't think you are a bit shallow as a guy dating woman?

Old 01-30-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
You don't think you are a bit shallow as a guy dating woman?
Nah. Not that I know of. Hell I even dated and been in realtionships with women who weight just as I do or even more. The reality is that this is NYC. Women here want the whole world, nothing wrong with that and I respect that. How can one want this and that, but they don't even measure up themselves?

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 01-30-2016 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 02:47 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Quote:
Many short women that I know told me they definitely looked for someone much taller than them because they want their kids to be taller. It doesn't always work out that way but that's the hope. My sister is the same height as my mom and my mom is almost a foot shorter than my dad---but I'm half a foot taller than my sister.

I am tall but my husband is not. I am a little taller than him but I'm over it. I stopped caring when I realized I have a genuinely good guy. No drama, no fighting---the good life. I'm also a size four and he's a good hundred pounds more than I am so I've had someone insinuate that he must have money for me to be with him. Unfortunately, neither of us makes a lot of money but I made more last year. I'd rather make more money, TBH.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
I keep hearing and reading that NYC is great for dating and hooking up, but not for finding a serious relationship. Do you think it's true? And what would be the reason?
This article is going to bake your noodle. The NYT posted an article about single men in NYC, and now they are past their prime, they are not married, and don't have kids. There seems to be a growing problem, and a huge disconnect with men and women in NYC when it comes to ideal mates. Sad part about this article is that it only portrays white transient upper class men of Manhattan and hip areas of Brooklyn, which does not speak volume to rest of NYC single male populace.

Generally I always thought transient white men always get women, especially since their is a huge demand for transient white men in the dating pool especially amongst Careerist Asian American women and educated careerist black women in this city? Overall I think the article is pretty funny. Gosh if I was these guys, I would have been settled down already! Lots of 40 something women in NYC want a younger man that they can keep up with, and nothing older.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/08...-for-more.html

Old 02-09-2016, 02:44 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,126 times
Quote:
Generally I always thought transient white men always get women, especially since their is a huge demand for transient white men in the dating pool especially amongst Careerist Asian American women and educated careerist black women in this city? Overall I think the article is pretty funny. Gosh if I was these guys, I would have been settled down already! Lots of 40 something women in NYC want a younger man that they can keep up with, and nothing older.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/08...-for-more.html
The article is very pretentious. This are guys who want to remain young all their life and never grow up. Continue to be playboys and enjoy the life, that is until they wake up one day and realize all their friends are married and the young girls at the club looks down upon them as the old guy who should go home. No self-respecting women is going to wait around countless years for you to decide when it is time to get married. The game flips when you enter your 30's, women value a guy who is serious about them and committed to her (which works against the playboy).

Advancement in technology and medicine has really deluded people's sense of timing. Just because someone willing to sleep with you doesn't mean they will marry you. Plenty of people in NYC are incredibly picky. Instead of the average person settling for the average person at the bar, they think to themselves why settle when they are one swipe away from hooking up with a more attractive partner on tinder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: