Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 04:35 PM

17 posts, read 127,523 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I was visiting New York a couple of years back and got arrested for public intoxication (misdemeanor charge) but was released since the courts dropped the charges.

I was fingerprinted and photographed, but would like to know if there's any way to retrieve paperwork from the courts that proves my case was dropped.

Any advice you guys can pass on?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 04:43 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
I also was arrested for a misdeamnor and paid a fine. I was told it would drop off my record if I did nothing else in a few years by the judge. I guess we can search the internet and pay to see if we have a record.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:47 PM

17 posts, read 127,523 times
I guess New York doesn't play when it comes to minor misdemeanors. I was held with people who were in there for being in the park too late and some that didn't pay for the subway.

I just want to make sure my arrest doesn't show up anywhere!

Old 02-04-2016, 04:52 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unempinSF415 View Post
Hi all, I was visiting New York a couple of years back and got arrested for public intoxication (misdemeanor charge) but was released since the courts dropped the charges.

I was fingerprinted and photographed, but would like to know if there's any way to retrieve paperwork from the courts that proves my case was dropped.

Thanks in advance!

Here ya go: Criminal History Records, Background Checks - NY DCJS

Old 02-05-2016, 09:00 AM

44 posts, read 80,625 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
From my knowledge you have to go down to the courthouse in the borough you were arrested to get a copy of the Undocketed arrest paperwork to MAIL it to the DA who will then in turn send you an official typed up disposition. It takes about 2 weeks and its FREE.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:31 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,995 times
Quote:
I guess New York doesn't play when it comes to minor misdemeanors. I was held with people who were in there for being in the park too late and some that didn't pay for the subway.

I just want to make sure my arrest doesn't show up anywhere!
Just to be clear your arrest records will show up in a fingerprinted FBI background check. Typically these are done for gov't jobs and certain other sensitive private industries like finance, medical, etc. However an arrest without conviction shouldn't preclude you from getting hired. Also was your dismissal an ACD or outright dismissal? An ACD is considered by some employers as a conviction. You need to do more research on this if that's what you got. But luckily for you public intoxication in the eyes of most people is really nothing unless you have other questionable things on your record.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:56 AM

Run a Background Check or Criminal Background Checks with Intelius

If you do a search " Backround check " you will find dozens of sites that will run the search for 20.00 or so bucks.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:18 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Run a Background Check or Criminal Background Checks with Intelius

If you do a search " Backround check " you will find dozens of sites that will run the search for 20.00 or so bucks.

Those sites are not always accurate and indeed they state clearly in their TOS this fact.

If you are the person in question NYS/NYC provides ways you can access your arrest/court records.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:27 PM

I wouldnt worry about the records for a event like the original poster mentioned. If it was dismissed its gone, if he paid a fine. Move on bravely. Whats done is done. If the photo and finger prints are part of a file somewhere its not going to be erased.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:35 PM

205 posts, read 246,847 times
not if you are going for a job in law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: