Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 08:18 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,335,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Sex is an incredibly important part of happiness in my opinion. I suppose it simply comes down to you and I having different libidos.

And like I said, I essentially did the whole "marriage" thing. We're still friends and I am fine with her being in a new relationship. After having that experience, having my "me" time whenever I want it......it just rocks. My initial comment to you was done in jest, however I can see that you're quite the serious gentleman. I will respectfully withdraw from further rustling your jimmies.
If it's incredibly important to you then you're either a boring person or too focused on it.
It's there, it's nice, and I try to get it out of the way so I can go on with other things. lol

No one said relationships, in any aspect of life (be it personal or business) are easy. They take a lot of work and sometimes they hit bad streaks.

I like to joke around too but your jokes are like a teen talking about sex. Like it's this shiny, new toy.
Do you get excited when you take a **** too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
I would caution against graduating with a big debt burn in exchange for a diploma. Education is free, you don't need to pay big tuition fees in order to attain it. I use to think Bloomberg was a prick for telling young people to go to trade school instead of college, my opinion change the day I had to request a plumber to replace a leaky pipe in my house. Dude charge me $1k for less than 2 hours of work. Given how old the infrastructure in NYC is I am sure many plumbers are making six figure salaries.
It's all relative.

My CUNY degree will cost me $20k out of pocket. What's $20k in a lifetime?

You can't say all education debt is bad. It depends what it was used for. A $50K MFA degree is most likely a waste but a $50k engineering or statistics degree is most likely very high lifetime ROI v. debt level.

Also, for every plumber making $100k/year, there are multiples making less than $50k with the added detriment of a relatively short working life and little upside salary potential. The average career of a blue collar worker is 20-25 years. My dad was a union tin knocker. Once blue collar guys get into their 50's, it's practically over unless they have a supervisory gig.

How long can a desk jockey work? 40-50 years easy.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:52 AM

205 posts, read 245,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
And here come another expert on Black culture....after dedicated research over what must be a good amount of years, a decade or 2 perhaps....this Internet is good for one thing I will tell you that. I can safely say that I can bet my co-op apartment against your domicile and say that you will never utter these words on a soapbox on Utica Avenue and Eastern Parkway.

What is your fascination with us?
Everyone needs a good laugh every now and then. Why you be wyling yo?

Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,384,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
And here come another expert on Black culture....after dedicated research over what must be a good amount of years, a decade or 2 perhaps....this Internet is good for one thing I will tell you that. I can safely say that I can bet my co-op apartment against your domicile and say that you will never utter these words on a soapbox on Utica Avenue and Eastern Parkway.

What is your fascination with us?
oh I god, I cringe seeing these conservative middle aged white people trying to make fun of black slang

Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,184,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
If it's incredibly important to you then you're either a boring person or too focused on it.
Buddy, I have a multitude of interests and hobbies. I hike, hunt, fish, ski, play music, volunteer with shelter dogs, etc. There is not enough time in the week to ideally do everything I would like to. Sex is still up there as one of my most passionate interests.

Quote:
It's there, it's nice, and I try to get it out of the way so I can go on with other things. lol
I actually say this with care. I would try and change that attitude, or else your relationship is going to suffer.

Quote:
No one said relationships, in any aspect of life (be it personal or business) are easy. They take a lot of work and sometimes they hit bad streaks.
You don't need to explain personal relationships to me. After many years of living with her, then come back and we can have a chat.

Quote:
I like to joke around too but your jokes are like a teen talking about sex. Like it's this shiny, new toy.
Do you get excited when you take a **** too?
To be honest, you seem like one of the bigger stick-up-your-ass posters around here that I have noticed over the years. Since you're so keen on hurling insults around. Makes a little more sense that sex doesn't interest you actually.

Here is a tip: At some point, try being a bit different with your soon to be wife in the bedroom. I mean, completely dominate her in every way. Be rough. Women love it and crave it. And that is not a misogynist thing to say. Sex doesn't have to be "old hat" to you because you've done 3 positions with your fiancee a number of times. Keep it spicey, fella. It will be better for all involved.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 AM

8,080 posts, read 6,683,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
oh I god, I cringe seeing these conservative middle aged white people trying to make fun of black slang
Word...

Old 02-07-2016, 10:07 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,817,815 times
Quote:
Buddy, I have a multitude of interests and hobbies. I hike, hunt, fish, ski, play music, volunteer with shelter dogs, etc. There is not enough time in the week to ideally do everything I would like to. Sex is still up there as one of my most passionate interests.

I actually say this with care. I would try and change that attitude, or else your relationship is going to suffer.

You don't need to explain personal relationships to me. After many years of living with her, then come back and we can have a chat.

To be honest, you seem like one of the bigger stick-up-your-ass posters around here that I have noticed over the years. Since you're so keen on hurling insults around. Makes a little more sense that sex doesn't interest you actually.

Here is a tip: At some point, try being a bit different with your soon to be wife in the bedroom. I mean, completely dominate her in every way. Be rough. Women love it and crave it. And that is not a misogynist thing to say. Sex doesn't have to be "old hat" to you because you've done 3 positions with your fiancee a number of times. Keep it spicey, fella. It will be better for all involved.
You don't know how high his soon to be wife's sex drive is either. Perhaps she is mainly interested in companionship and a man who can provide stability. To be on topic, look at all the people whining about gentrification. Perhaps she is more interested in not having that fate (broke and dependent on the government) and an actual future for herself and any kids she and her partner/boyfriend may have.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:11 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,184,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You don't know how high his soon to be wife's sex drive is either. Perhaps she is mainly interested in companionship and a man who can provide stability. To be on topic, look at all the people whining about gentrification. Perhaps she is more interested in not having that fate (broke and dependent on the government) and an actual future for herself and any kids she and her partner/boyfriend may have.

Yes, women want that as well. They want both lol. Have you never been made hip to reality of married life with people that you know?

Old 02-07-2016, 10:57 AM

33,389 posts, read 46,804,398 times
Quote:

welcome back......

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-07-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:

haha dude. You're a real prick. You must hate your life. People with your outlook tend to have some built-up hate and it's mostly of oneself.
Not surprised you got divorced. Your wife probably realized she was married to a ****ty individual.

Is giving out sex advice on City-Data one of your hobbies? You should be out chasing tail and not posting on C-D.
We all know who internet warriors are in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City