U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 01:25 PM

25,539 posts, read 21,408,314 times

Advertisements

There's always reports of violence on the 2 and 5 trains in the Bronx. It makes sense as these trains serve Edenwald, Wakefield, and Williambridge (easily the worst neighborhoods in the Bronx these days).

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/07/ny...-argument.html

Another man got slashed on the 2/5 train. Weirdly the violence stays in the Bronx on these trains mostly. I guess ghetto people don't take the train into Manhattan that much (they really have no business there, the Bronx has it's own SSI and welfare offices).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 01:41 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,168,160 times
Depends what you mean by worst. I take my 14 year old to the 5 train to Pelham Pkwy and she feels safe. Edenwald and Williamsbridge are mixed areas. They have large NYCHA developments but also nice private homes. Take a walk thru the area.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:00 PM

12,107 posts, read 15,561,160 times
Took the Brooklyn bound 5 subway regularly for a period of time in the early evenings a year and a half ago, And found it to be the worst line I ever have been on. Filthy and 2 concerning situations involving disturbed people, One who said he is going to rob everyone on the car. He got off and actually went after someone. it was just a nerve-wracking ride every time.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,168,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Took the Brooklyn bound 5 subway regularly for a period of time in the early evenings a year and a half ago, And found it to be the worst line I ever have been on. Filthy and 2 concerning situations involving disturbed people, One who said he is going to rob everyone on the car. He got off and actually went after someone. it was just a nerve-wracking ride every time.
Was the mayhem in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or the Bronx ?

Old 02-07-2016, 02:30 PM

16,217 posts, read 21,303,083 times
2 and the 5 train passes through dangerous neighborhoods of the bronx, Harlem in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Trains overall has gotten worse with overly stressed riders that can snap at any moment.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:33 PM

12,107 posts, read 15,561,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Was the mayhem in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or the Bronx ?
Brooklyn.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:14 PM

9,056 posts, read 22,462,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There's always reports of violence on the 2 and 5 trains in the Bronx. It makes sense as these trains serve Edenwald, Wakefield, and Williambridge (easily the worst neighborhoods in the Bronx these days).

Another man got slashed on the 2/5 train. Weirdly the violence stays in the Bronx on these trains mostly. I guess ghetto people don't take the train into Manhattan that much (they really have no business there, the Bronx has it's own SSI and welfare offices).
I don't think this slashing happened ON the train. It happened outside of the station on the stairs near the street.That station is in a bad neighborhood. I ride both the 2 and 5 trains all the time and have never felt uncomfortable in any way , at any time of day or night , on any of the trains or in or around the station I live by...Pelham Parkway

Also,it wasn't a random slashing like most of the other slashings ,including the one's in Manhattan , over the last few weeks. In this case there was a beef between the victim and the slasher over a sexual advance. really.... A sexual advance at 4:00 am at West Farm Sq and East Tremont Ave

Now,there was a 71 year old lady randomly slashed across the face while actually sitting ON a D train in Manhattan a week or so ago.Seems as though by your logic it should be the D train that gets the award for most dangerous ..

Last edited by bluedog2; 02-07-2016 at 03:38 PM..

Old 02-07-2016, 04:08 PM

29,124 posts, read 41,882,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I don't think this slashing happened ON the train. It happened outside of the station on the stairs near the street.That station is in a bad neighborhood. I ride both the 2 and 5 trains all the time and have never felt uncomfortable in any way , at any time of day or night , on any of the trains or in or around the station I live by...Pelham Parkway

Also,it wasn't a random slashing like most of the other slashings ,including the one's in Manhattan , over the last few weeks. In this case there was a beef between the victim and the slasher over a sexual advance. really.... A sexual advance at 4:00 am at West Farm Sq and East Tremont Ave

Now,there was a 71 year old lady randomly slashed across the face while actually sitting ON a D train in Manhattan a week or so ago.Seems as though by your logic it should be the D train that gets the award for most dangerous ..
Yeah that train station is in a terrible area, it's not safe around there day or night IMO. Some pretty bad projects like right up the block from there.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-07-2016, 09:43 PM

11,455 posts, read 8,854,622 times
It really does seem like the worst Bronx neighborhoods are in the Central and North Bronx these days

Old 02-07-2016, 11:45 PM

12,824 posts, read 11,207,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

2 and 5 trains go through the hoods in Upper Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn so expect things to get little crazy sometimes

Last edited by BPt111; 02-07-2016 at 11:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: