U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 PM

236 posts, read 220,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2032 View Post
Tonight a transferred to an E at Roosevelt Ave. As the train pulled in, we could all see the car was suspiciously empty... of course there were two homeless encampments, so the whole car was empty in rush hour. So we all crowd near the door to enter the next car, and that one stinks to high heaven, as another homeless guy was just walking up and down the car harassing people.

This is daily/nightly life on the E. No line smells quite like the E. It is literally a rolling homeless shelter, and is a favorite of the "Showtime" crew.
I haven't seen it like that in Manhattan yet; does that only go on once the train goes through Queens?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 10:32 PM

12,310 posts, read 23,208,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneye217 View Post
I haven't seen it like that in Manhattan yet; does that only go on once the train goes through Queens?
I also see this a lot on the E train, but once a train car stinks like that, there's no way that a short ride under the East River is going to clear out the smell. Yes, it will still smell when it reaches 53rd and Lex. And I highly doubt all the bums are de-camping once they cross the line over to Manhattan.

I entered a Manhattan-bound E train in Queens today around 5 pm. The car was mostly full (maybe 2 seats available) and no evidence of any homeless encampments, but it still smelled bad. I guess I was feeling overly smell-sensitive, but I got back out and waited for an F which was going to come in just across the platform.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:01 PM

11,584 posts, read 7,258,484 times
Yeah the E is much better than a lot of the other lines actually, at least if you take it until Rego Park, I dont know how it runs locally

Old 02-17-2016, 04:19 AM

25,543 posts, read 19,698,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2032 View Post
Tonight a transferred to an E at Roosevelt Ave. As the train pulled in, we could all see the car was suspiciously empty... of course there were two homeless encampments, so the whole car was empty in rush hour. So we all crowd near the door to enter the next car, and that one stinks to high heaven, as another homeless guy was just walking up and down the car harassing people.

This is daily/nightly life on the E. No line smells quite like the E. It is literally a rolling homeless shelter, and is a favorite of the "Showtime" crew.
I have seen feces in the 2 train. Other lines have this problem too. I have seen homeless ca moments in the 6!train. It happens on all the train lines except for the ones majority above the ground like the 7. I saw a homeless lady with nasty sores on her thighs and nothing on but her skank dirty underwear. She put her crotch in a guy's face and asked for money. Next station all the men ran out if the train myself included.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:34 AM

35,291 posts, read 35,698,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Yeah the E is much better than a lot of the other lines actually, at least if you take it until Rego Park, I dont know how it runs locally
Normally the E train does not stop in Rego Park. It goes express between Jackson Heights and Forest Hills!

Old 02-17-2016, 04:39 PM

2,412 posts, read 3,103,642 times
Is your company and job always perfect?

It happens part of city living, deal with it lol.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:24 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,990,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
Is your company and job always perfect?

It happens part of city living, deal with it lol.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:25 PM

436 posts, read 477,435 times
The E train is much better in Manhattan. It's problematic in Queens because of the panhandlers, consistent delays/track changes, and occasional insane. The homeless encampments are an issue anywhere on the line.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:03 PM

12,310 posts, read 23,208,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Azure View Post
The E train is much better in Manhattan. It's problematic in Queens because of the panhandlers, consistent delays/track changes, and occasional insane. The homeless encampments are an issue anywhere on the line.
Why would the panhandlers only panhandle within Queens? I would think they'd get more money if they appeal to those with deeper pockets (Manhattan residents). Also, why would the insane get off the train when it reaches Manhattan?

I mean, maybe you are right about the occurrences, but to me it just doesn't make logical sense.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:55 PM

11,455 posts, read 7,748,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Why would the panhandlers only panhandle within Queens? I would think they'd get more money if they appeal to those with deeper pockets (Manhattan residents). Also, why would the insane get off the train when it reaches Manhattan?

I mean, maybe you are right about the occurrences, but to me it just doesn't make logical sense.
I would guess that there are simply more non homeless people on the train by the time it gets closer to Manhattan, so the homeless would be less noticible.

I haven't noticed a problem of homeless encampments, but I've seen beggars (the type who comes into the train and makes a speech) all over the city. They usually go from car to car, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or