Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 04:38 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times

Advertisements

I think that there are a lot more service issues for 7 riders rather than E or F train riders.

During rush hours the E/F trains have been overcrowded for years. On a workday years ago I remember somebody jumped or fell into the Manhattan bound express track at Roosevelt Avenue and I was on an E train that I had boarded at 71st Avenue. We got stuck on the express track in between the 2 stations and then after an hour they backed up the train to Forest Hills (meaning after being an hour on that E train I ended up back where I started!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 04:44 PM

862 posts, read 519,644 times
The E train is a disaster. Can't go two days in a row without some nonsense. I love how at lexington/53rd it is always so packed on the little pathetic platform, so what does the MTA do? They put MTA employees there to yell at everyone, because yeah more people will help.

But at least they always paint the poles and bs shacks they put up for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

Last edited by RubyTwo; 02-15-2016 at 05:06 PM..

Old 02-15-2016, 04:50 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Many years ago I was on an E train headed to Jamaica and there was some huge backup. They re-routed the train with us on it to some train yard to bypass the problem and the E train was actually above ground for a minute or two. That may have been one of the only times that an in-service E train was traveling above ground.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:38 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnomad View Post
the E and F are two of the better lines. The E especially. Imagine how horrible it would be if you lived on another line?
I agree. Try riding the A/C and then get back to me!

Old 02-15-2016, 09:27 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
Many of you have never taken a more reliable train.
Everyday I take the D and the F. The D is way more reliable and consistently quicker.

I believe that the F is slow because they send more trains per hour due to heavy passenger demand in Queens. More trains = less spacing = slower average speed between stops.

Through the Bronx and Manhattan, the D is one of the quicker and more consistent trains.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Maybe my standards are low, but I've taken many different trains and I can't recall ever being unsatisfied with the service.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:55 PM

236 posts, read 271,754 times
I've never ran into any problems with the E; overall, I like how it's bright, in my experiences it's been pretty clean, and it's automated so people are actually aware where the train is stopping each time.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 PM

236 posts, read 271,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Maybe my standards are low, but I've taken many different trains and I can't recall ever being unsatisfied with the service.
For the most part, I agree with you. I take the 6 train each day, and it's a pain but hopefully that will clear up when the SAS finally opens..

Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM

65 posts, read 55,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
In the coldest weather they probably prefer to sleep on the E train as it is entirely underground and it doesn't get cleared out because the trains don't enter the end of the tunnel to turn around (like the F at 179th Street, or the M or R at Forest Hills).
Which is what I said.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:09 PM

65 posts, read 55,678 times
Tonight a transferred to an E at Roosevelt Ave. As the train pulled in, we could all see the car was suspiciously empty... of course there were two homeless encampments, so the whole car was empty in rush hour. So we all crowd near the door to enter the next car, and that one stinks to high heaven, as another homeless guy was just walking up and down the car harassing people.

This is daily/nightly life on the E. No line smells quite like the E. It is literally a rolling homeless shelter, and is a favorite of the "Showtime" crew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City