Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 03:59 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen Dominican View Post
I must admit I find him very entertaining and charismatic
So voting for the entertainer and chief is the contest ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 04:49 AM

Save Every $5 Bill for a Painless, Fun Way to Build Your Savings Account. Hey just sharing this with NYers cause its so expensive here. My family save money but u know its hard to. We found this method and have saved several thousand since the summer for our next vacation. Who evers president cant save our personal finances.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Trump is a highly intelligent man he knows how to make this nation great again. The liberal haters try to bring him down but comes back stronger and better than ever.

It sounds like he has more problems with CONSERVATIVES than with LIBERALS.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It sounds like he has more problems with CONSERVATIVES than with LIBERALS.
Arch conservatives are just used to blaming everything on liberals. Btw if Cruz is up against Clinton she wins big. I can see her talking points. Hillary can say she respects conservative values and conservatives like Reagan and Bush senior. However, Cruz is a hyper consèrvative. Cruz and his base would have called Reagan a rino and challenged him in the primaries and said he was unfit. Hillary needs to survive the legal matters. Yet, if she does I cant see archconservative winning in the battle grounds.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:26 AM

31 posts, read 29,968 times
Trump has never had the platform to present his true self, until now. Growing up, I always heard/read about his fiascos and shady dealings. He is smart enough to surround himself with advisers, I'm sure. However, I question his level of intelligence. He speaks like he only has a 3rd grade education...however, you don't have to be well-educated to have good business sense.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:56 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
I lived in New York in the 80s and 90s. I always found Trump to be arrogant and basically in love with himself. Never cared for him, but he kind of got lost in the crowd of crazy characters that were prevalent in that era of New York. So annoying, but benign.

Trump as Presidential Candidate is a different thing and though I tilt right, he horrifies me.

Marla Maples was easy on the eyes though.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:13 PM

931 posts, read 801,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen View Post
Trump has never had the platform to present his true self, until now. Growing up, I always heard/read about his fiascos and shady dealings. He is smart enough to surround himself with advisers, I'm sure. However, I question his level of intelligence. He speaks like he only has a 3rd grade education...however, you don't have to be well-educated to have good business sense.
Personally I could care less how he speaks. What I want is RESULTS and Trump is a doer, not a sayer like these other politicians! Despite his brash bravado, Trump has a good heart and will do the right thing for America.

He is an excellent negotiator who plays mind tricks on his opponants to get the results he ultimately wanted.

The whole deporting 11 million illegals is a bargaining chip to get other more important things done. Trump is very flexible, which by the way, you have to be if you're going to be a good negotiator.

Don't sleep on Trump, he knows what he's doing and will do right to make America great again.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:20 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
I get the feeling no one is supporting Trump because of his policies. His policy statements so far have ranged from weak to laughable to terrible to non-existent.

People support Trump because of his persona. They like his personality. He appeals to Americans who feel left out and are afraid of the future and the demographic changes that will accompany it.

As crude, simplistic, bullying, and vulgar as he has been, people who are really scared will overlook all that when their fear is in the driver's seat.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:33 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,198 times
This sums up Trump really well.

https://youtu.be/xKOQdcVoRys

Old 03-10-2016, 07:22 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
however, you don't have to be well-educated to have good business sense.

Or to be president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City