Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 09:37 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm going to be real here because I live and know the area througly. Just the other day I saw a sign about that building being purchased. A week later scaffolding goes up and now the building is cleared for demolition. Luxury condos are being built in three areas of the Mott Haven area, the 138 street corridor near the concourse, 3rd avenue, and a set along Bruckner boulevard.

Mott Haven sure does have Brownstones and folks with money, who look preppy and so forth do live in these Brownstones as well. Talk of gentrification of Mott Haven has been going on since the 90s actually when it was an extreme hell hole and folks feared whites about moving in. Mott Haven has a long way to go, the only benefit of Mott Haven is its proximity to Manahttan and easy access to the Manhattan job hubs via subway. Gentrification is going to take a while, but it is happening. Mott Haven only has a couple of bars and restaurants that cater to the crowd. Mexican restaurants seem to be the most popular from my observation other than Charlie's or MHBG. To be honest, gentrification of Mott Haven is going to take a while. First off Harlem and East Harlem needs to fully gentrify, and that's not going to happen anytime soon in order for Mott Haven to gentrify. Also Mott Haven 40 precinct had a bad year with crime last year and the trend might continue into this year. In some streets in Mott Haven the local police precinct and PSA officers had to install generator powered flood lights in certain neighborhoods to increase visibility. Once you see those flood lights, you know that your neighborhood is dangerous. Also Mott Haven has plenty of pollution, folks in these areas throw chicken wing bones on the floor like a bunch of savages, dog defecate on side walks, high rates of asthma, rats. I just came back from the super market a while ago. I saw some white transplants shopping, these folks had a hard time and I could not stop to notice the puzzle look on their faces.

I just hope Mott Haven has some sort of balance for its future and don't turn out like Brooklyn or Western Queens.
Do you mean transplants from other parts of NYC lol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 AM

931 posts, read 801,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Do you mean transplants from other parts of NYC lol?
The Bronx desperately needs transplants to dilute the hood. The hood has a stronghold on the majority of Bronx neighborhoods. We can't have that.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
The final frontier for NYC’s struggling artists | New York Post

A very intresing article up above about artists leaving Brooklyn and Manhattan for Mott Haven section of the Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: