Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 10:48 AM

73 posts, read 122,758 times

Advertisements

Iam 27 black male moving to NYC next year from Atlanta. I was raised in NJ and lived in Boston, so I still have northern blood in me. I will be starting a new career in front end devlopment and I want live in Brooklyn and queens, maybe even Harlem. Anyway I am looking for an affordable neighborhood that is affordable, very diverse not segregated, and I have options to date interracialy i date outside my race a lot. I am kinda hipster, like video games, like to go exploring, and want to find a good set friends in NYC. Also I have a car but don't know if I will sell it. But I also don't won't my commute to be bad going to Manhatten or other boroughs.

Anyway here are the spots I am eyeing.

Sunny side
Prospect heights
Sunset park
Bushwick
LIC
Greenwich village
Jackson heights

Also I perfer to live by myself not with roommates, I like my alone time lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 11:14 AM

555 posts, read 617,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post
Iam 27 black male moving to NYC next year from Atlanta. I was raised in NJ and lived in Boston, so I still have northern blood in me. I will be starting a new career in front end devlopment and I want live in Brooklyn and queens, maybe even Harlem. Anyway I am looking for an affordable neighborhood that is affordable, very diverse not segregated, and I have options to date interracialy i date outside my race a lot. I am kinda hipster, like video games, like to go exploring, and want to find a good set friends in NYC. Also I have a car but don't know if I will sell it. But I also don't won't my commute to be bad going to Manhatten or other boroughs.

Sunny side
Prospect heights
Sunset park
Bushwick
LIC
Greenwich village
Jackson heights

LIC, and the village are very expensive. All those areas have completely different vibes... it depends what your budget is really.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:48 AM

353 posts, read 471,276 times
Why are you so race oriented? Just find a nice place to live...

Old 03-13-2016, 12:13 PM

306 posts, read 283,568 times
Jamaica Queens can be good for you . It is affordable , diverse but mostly black population . Look in area like Rosedale , Saint Albans , Cambria Heights , they are all nice suburban feel , middle class area , there are other areas also.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:23 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,664 times
If I were 27 again and single I would want to live in Prospect Park, Williamsburg, possibly Red Hook, Greenpoint or even Bushwick.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:40 PM

73 posts, read 122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
Why are you so race oriented? Just find a nice place to live...
Because Iam someone who likes to embrace everyone. I dislike seeing the same people all the time that's boring and not a good way for growth.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:50 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Bushwick and Prospect Heights are probably the best for you

But it would be nice to know what your budget is

Old 03-13-2016, 01:55 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
If you want to keep your car, live alone, be roughly 30 min from Manhattan and live in a diverse area, then the St. George/Stapleton area of Staten Island is for you.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:22 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Ridgewood, Sunnyside, Bushwick or Astoria. Also maybe Woodside, Jackson Heights or Elmhurst.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:13 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post

Sunny side
Prospect heights
Sunset park
Bushwick
LIC
Greenwich village
Jackson heights

Harlem (not East), a younger brother lives in Crown Heights and likes it - he is 29.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City