Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:04 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,914,424 times

Advertisements

The vast majority of NYPD officers who answered a new survey hate their jobs and believe they were a lot safer before Mayor de Blasio and Police Commissioner Bill Bratton took office, according to a new survey by the city’s police union.

The polling of more than 6,000 of the NYPD’s roughly 24,000 rank-and-file revealed a resounding lack of passion for the job, with cops on average rating morale at just 2.49 on a scale of 1 to 10.

A spokeswoman for City Hall called the survey's findings "highly suspect," according to the Post.

NYC cops hate their jobs | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 05:11 PM

31,887 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Well what do you expect? Between de Boob, the City Council, and DA offices policing in NYC has been turned into a social service agency. That and or NYPD cannot touch or is made to think twice about this or that minority group because God forbid they get arrested and have a *gasp* record.....

Join, get on the force, keep your head down and put in your time. Then retire *alive* and get the heck out of Dodge.... Let the knuckleheads and their supporters/protectors have it their own way.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:25 PM

130 posts, read 532,608 times
It does feel more dangerous. Yesterday I took a friend to JFK and took the E train back home and the Jamaica station where I have been plenty of times in the past a few years ago, while never a paradise, looked totally out of control. There was a dangerous looking gang holding court by the metrocard booth eyeing people homicidically, and plenty of skanky looking folks sitting around smoking very strong smelling pot blowing it creating a cloudy atmosphere. I mean I know pot now is considered unharmful and healthy and everything by a lot of idiots but god the place stunk. No cops around or anything. If ever a place needed a cop or a wardon or something it was that place yesterday evening.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:27 PM

931 posts, read 801,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The vast majority of NYPD officers who answered a new survey hate their jobs and believe they were a lot safer before Mayor de Blasio and Police Commissioner Bill Bratton took office, according to a new survey by the city’s police union.

The polling of more than 6,000 of the NYPD’s roughly 24,000 rank-and-file revealed a resounding lack of passion for the job, with cops on average rating morale at just 2.49 on a scale of 1 to 10.

A spokeswoman for City Hall called the survey's findings "highly suspect," according to the Post.

NYC cops hate their jobs | New York Post
Of coarse it is. It's totally obvious. You sense it in the air. This is all Mayor De Bl*******'s doing along with his liberal progressive goons.

Waiting on the libturds, the Black Lives Matter, the Hands Up Don't Shoot rejects to respond, defending this piece of scum and saying NYC hasn't gotten more dangerous or doesn't feel anymore dangerous.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
Don't worry, it'll get better for cops who now thanks to DeBozio have to tell women at the ladies room that the crazy guy who thinks he's a woman is allowed to hang out in the stall next to them now

Old 03-14-2016, 05:38 PM

34,003 posts, read 47,230,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campers View Post
It does feel more dangerous. Yesterday I took a friend to JFK and took the E train back home and the Jamaica station where I have been plenty of times in the past a few years ago, while never a paradise, looked totally out of control. There was a dangerous looking gang holding court by the metrocard booth eyeing people homicidically, and plenty of skanky looking folks sitting around smoking very strong smelling pot blowing it creating a cloudy atmosphere. I mean I know pot now is considered unharmful and healthy and everything by a lot of idiots but god the place stunk. No cops around or anything. If ever a place needed a cop or a wardon or something it was that place yesterday evening.
Sutphin Blvd and Jamaica Center never had the greatest clientele using those train stations. The only way it could get worse is if people were getting robbed in those stations frequently - which to my knowledge is not happening.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-14-2016, 05:52 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
NYC has a massive growing population of homeless and they are bold enough to take up while benches on the train during rush hours. That should be factored in there as well. I avoid the subways as much as possible.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:03 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,914,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campers View Post

True NYC was bit better during Bloomberg how many years left for current mayor

Old 03-14-2016, 07:00 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
True NYC was bit better during Bloomberg how many years left for current mayor
The homeless population Aldo got a lot bigger under Bloomberg. The gentrification he promoted played a role.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM

593 posts, read 470,083 times
Progressives are generally anti-cop and soft on crime. That has long-term consequences, which we are just beginning to see. We have been down this path before with disastrous results, so I hope that voters wake up and vote these progressives out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City