Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 AM

7 posts, read 3,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Here's a coupon for a free sandwich, but it's 7 miles away.
LOL, that's about as proactively peaceful a solution I've heard. And you made me laugh. Thanks for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
i would totally mind my business . Certainly don't approach him. Call 311 enough ( keep the reference numbers) and go into the local precint to see what can be done
I've been doing exactly this. So far, no good, but it's all I have.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I think it is safe to assume that your 30 years living in NYC wasn't in Bushwick. Living in NYC for any amount of time doesn't prepare you for Bushwick. Best bet is to move, and this time do some research before doing so.
Telling someone to move is a silly and useless response, but you already know that. Anyway, I've lived in Bushwick for 6 years. Bushwick is amazing. People are so nice and friendly and considerate (at least in the large sections where I move around). The screaming man is an exception. Bushwick is no worse than any other bustling and lively neighborhood. No amount of research will give someone a heads up that there will one day be a man who camps on a corner and screams all day, so that's not really helpful. But thanks.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Purchase a BB gun. Take random shots at him throughout the day. He'll move on.
LOL, that's funny. I'm sure many neighbors would playfully say that this would be a most satisfying solution, but I'm sure there are nonviolent solutions. Still, it's funny.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:47 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitBoy3000 View Post
No, he's not homeless, and I don't think he's mentally ill, but I do think he might be alcoholic. He lives down the street and has a whole pigeon roost on his roof that causes a lot of problems for his neighbors, but he spends his entire day on the corner screaming and whistling and sometimes blasting music. When I asked him to stop screaming, he said he likes to hear his own voice. He seems like a nice enough guy, but the screaming is just so weird and unnerving.
To me it sounds like he has mental issues, all mentally ill people are not psychically violent. You said he might be alcoholic
just be careful. Because if he's drunk he can become violent, or verbal abusive. Has any other neighbors complained or
approached him?

Old 03-23-2016, 12:28 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,462 times
It sounds like another QOL nuasance that De blasio and the city council no longer think is a big deal.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:43 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I have heard rumors that Brooklyn isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:36 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
It sounds like another QOL nuasance that De blasio and the city council no longer think is a big deal.
Agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City