Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times

Advertisements

Follow the twitter link I posted earlier, and you will see that there are fires everyday. Like I said, it comes in waves as per your area. Sometimes there are no structural fires for a few weeks. Sometimes there 5 in a week. I could not care less about what official city stats look like to you. You're just some uptight office drone who admittedly doesn't even f*ck his fiancé correctly. What could you possibly know about getting your hands dirty, in any capacity of life?

What do you do for a living?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:48 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Follow the twitter link I posted earlier, and you will see that there are fires everyday. Like I said, it comes in waves as per your area. Sometimes there are no structural fires for a few weeks. Sometimes there 5 in a week. I could not care less about what official city stats look like to you. You're just some uptight office drone who admittedly doesn't even f*ck his fiancé correctly. What could you possibly know about getting your hands dirty, in any capacity of life?

Only those whoa re ignorant when it comes to statistics put any substance into "waves". Long term and a large sample size is what matters.

You guys like to play the anecdotal games (especially living off of 9/11) but stats are stats my friend.
This is from your own NYPD.

You don't really like this do you? lol
What are non-medical emergencies anyway? Like if someone has constipation, you guys bring them some laxatives?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:53 AM

NYer23 post

Quote:
NPR did a podcast discussing what a firefighter is worth, long story short they are drastically overpaid for the services they provide. This day and age, they are not enough fires to justify the cost. Many firefighters operate as overpaid EMT workers now a days.

Episode 424: How Much Is A Firefighter Worth? : Planet Money : NPR

Old 03-27-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Only those whoa re ignorant when it comes to statistics put any substance into "waves". Long term and a large sample size is what matters.

You guys like to play the anecdotal games (especially living off of 9/11) but stats are stats my friend.
This is from your own NYPD.

You don't really like this do you? lol
What are non-medical emergencies anyway? Like if someone has constipation, you guys bring them some laxatives?

No, you idiot. There are plenty of situations that are not fire-related nor medical. Someone pinned in their car and needing to be cut out is not considered medical for the company that does the cutting, just as one example. There are an incredible amount of vehicles in this city, and this happens a lot. Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about and come off like quite the bitter cvnt. You don't even understand the basic dynamics of the different types of companies within the dept (any dept).

Old 03-27-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
No, you idiot. There are plenty of situations that are not fire-related nor medical. Someone pinned in their car and needing to be cut out is not considered medical for the company that does the cutting, just as one example. There are an incredible amount of vehicles in this city, and this happens a lot. Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about and come off like quite the bitter cvnt. You don't even understand the basic dynamics of the different types of companies within the dept (any dept).

I thought firefighters fight fires? Firefighter
Does cutting people out of a car put firefighters lives in jeopardy? I always hear firefighters saying how they put their lives on the line and how that justifies everything. Maybe the city needs to create a small division with people specifically tasked to cut people out of cars if it happens so often? One per borough and maybe 2-3 guys per division. Wouldn't that be much more efficient?

Btw, how much is "a lot". Let's quantify here because we know you guys like to exaggerate.

Imagine if the DSNY or the NYPD spent only 8% actually doing what they're hired to do?
Eight working days out of a 100, sanitation workers would pick up garbage and the rest of the time they'd be helping supers take out the trash? Or the NYPD would be used as crossing guards 92 out of every 100 working days?

I know these stats hurt to look at but they're important for NYC residents to see because the FDNY puts a lot of bull**** out there.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I thought firefighters fight fires? Firefighter
Does cutting people out of a car put firefighters lives in jeopardy? I always hear firefighters saying how they put their lives on the line and how that justifies everything.

Btw, how much is "a lot". Let's quantify here because we know you guys like to exaggerate.

Imagine if the DSNY or the NYPD spent only 8% actually doing what they're hired to do?
Eight working days out of a 100, sanitation workers would pick up garbage and the rest of the time they'd be helping supers take out the trash? Or the NYPD would be used as crossing guards 92 out of every 100 working days?

I know these stats hurt to look at but they're important for NYC residents to see.

I was directly addressing your question about what are non-medical emergencies. Are you actually that dense? Lol you got a masters you said? I guess they push anybody through these days.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I was directly addressing your question about what are non-medical emergencies. Are you actually that dense? Lol you got a masters you said? I guess they push anybody through these days.

Why resort to personal attacks. Did this thread hit a nerve? lol
Let's discuss the merits of the argument. I bring stats and you bring personal attacks and anecdotes.

Btw, this is being discussed all across the country. It's not a phenomenon solely based in NYC.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:24 AM

Straight from the FDNY

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/vit...ts_2014_cy.pdf

Old 03-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Structural fires have declined over the past few decades due to more fireproof construction and less crime. Fires still happen everyday. Follow the twitter I linked. I am not certain of your point.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City