Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:18 AM

47 posts, read 44,993 times

Advertisements

Who is selling these awful bikes to these black people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 09:22 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
The issue is that it would be stupid to auction them off locally, have them go cheaply back to the same crews who they were seized from in the first place, and have them back terrorizing people on the city streets.

As I said a few pages ago, if they shipped them well out of state to sell, it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
So what? Regardless of whether they're street bikes or off-road bikes, either can be sold and used legally by new, responsible owners. They can even be sold and parted out.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:29 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,252,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The issue is that it would be stupid to auction them off locally, have them go cheaply back to the same crews who they were seized from in the first place, and have them back terrorizing people on the city streets.

As I said a few pages ago, if they shipped them well out of state to sell, it wouldn't be a problem.
Agree with your post.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:30 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post

Well hopefully we agree that's better than simply destroying them.

Here's the thing though: selling them out-of-state may serve to eliminate that source, but it doesn't stop anyone from buying them used from private sellers via Craigslist or similar venues, or from a local motorcycle dealer. I'm sure a fair number of them are simply stolen.

Again, the problem is not with the motorcycles/ATV's, the problem is with the people misusing them.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:01 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,236,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Beth View Post
Yeah...I don't think this annoyance can be attributed to one specific racial group in this city. In Upper Manhattan a lot of Spanish speaking youth drive everyone bonkers with these, since that's the predominant ethnic group up there. I guess in other neighbourhoods you see black kids riding them. Seems like it's a crazy kids' thing to me.
Where I grew up in rural Virginia, all the white kids had dirt-bikes and ATVs and rode them like maniacs. Those vehicles mixed with pubescent youth on testosterone are annoying as hell no matter where you find them or what race the rider is.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:14 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
11Kap is a thug who supports the hood culture. I've learned to ignore him. He's a nobody.
Maybe he is maybe he isn't but he has a right to express an opinion like everyone else here. Let people decide on their own if he's a thug...

Old 04-08-2016, 11:16 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
I actually think destroying them is the way to go. I would like to see the scrap used for something useful though.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:20 AM

I would agree with this.

The thing is, in rural VA, there is actually dirt to ride your dirt bike on. NYC? Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
Where I grew up in rural Virginia, all the white kids had dirt-bikes and ATVs and rode them like maniacs. Those vehicles mixed with pubescent youth on testosterone are annoying as hell no matter where you find them or what race the rider is.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:21 AM

They can always get them. Let's just not make it cheap and easy to get back the ones that got seized.

Quote:
Well hopefully we agree that's better than simply destroying them.

Here's the thing though: selling them out-of-state may serve to eliminate that source, but it doesn't stop anyone from buying them used from private sellers via Craigslist or similar venues, or from a local motorcycle dealer. I'm sure a fair number of them are simply stolen.

Again, the problem is not with the motorcycles/ATV's, the problem is with the people misusing them.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:05 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,334 times
Quote:
Still waiting for someone to explain why those confiscated bikes can't be sold and used legally. This is akin to the gun confiscators focusing on the object rather than the person using it.
It would cost more in labor hours, paperwork, etc. to get the bikes sold than what they are worth.

You can buy a used dirt bike for less than a grand. And the ones these guys ride are not top of the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City