Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 08:24 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,926,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I'm hoping they will say surprise, its actually ready to be open now in October

Do we dare allow ourselves that hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:35 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,926,332 times
I passed a workman/supervisor coming up the escalator in front of Rite-Aid at 96th St. I asked him what it looks like downstairs. He answered with one word: "BEIRUT." (I'd love to sneak down there.)

Old 05-09-2016, 08:07 PM

34,663 posts, read 16,706,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Many of us are praying for an honest December opening.
The #7 Line delays don't give much ground for hope. And I hear that even now that it's operating all is not sweetness and light.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:08 PM

986 posts, read 817,828 times
Hey all , well I drove to work throughout the summer and it saved me about 25 min each way. Not too bad but a lot on the car, 85 miles round trip. I hear traffic will pick up some when school is back in with students and teachers back on the road so I think I will do LIRR. Even if it still saves me 10-15 min each way it's a lot on my car.

They put a Citibike station right next to my office. Wonder how long it would take to ride from 95th and 1st to Penn. More than 40 min? Or maybe I can ride it across town to the express 2/3? Or maybe just to 86th when I can hop on the 4/5 to the shuttle then the 1/2/3 or 9 one stop to Penn. Actually really enjoy riding the Citibike but I don't want it to take much longer than the subway and/or bus which was about 40 minutes from Penn to 95th bet 1st and 2nd.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:55 PM

Any opinions?

Old 09-05-2016, 07:13 PM

31,732 posts, read 26,642,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrlucky74 View Post
Hey all , well I drove to work throughout the summer and it saved me about 25 min each way. Not too bad but a lot on the car, 85 miles round trip. I hear traffic will pick up some when school is back in with students and teachers back on the road so I think I will do LIRR. Even if it still saves me 10-15 min each way it's a lot on my car.

They put a Citibike station right next to my office. Wonder how long it would take to ride from 95th and 1st to Penn. More than 40 min? Or maybe I can ride it across town to the express 2/3? Or maybe just to 86th when I can hop on the 4/5 to the shuttle then the 1/2/3 or 9 one stop to Penn. Actually really enjoy riding the Citibike but I don't want it to take much longer than the subway and/or bus which was about 40 minutes from Penn to 95th bet 1st and 2nd.
Problem with getting cross town from UES or UWS on a bike is getting through Central Park. Unless you use one of the transverses (there is one for 96th street), you have to take the drives up and around instead of going directly east to west or vice versa. I personally don't like riding my bike through the transverses as there isn't much of a shoulder.

Once you get out of the park there are plenty of bike lanes both on streets and avenues that will get you to and back from Penn Station. Most easy would probably be the bike lane on Columbus.

I'd consider taking the subway to 86th or 96th and taking a Citibike from there to commute cross down, then reverse in evening. There seems to be a steady stream of people doing this daily.

Also consider taking Citibike from West 72nd, across CP via Terrance Drive to East 72nd. From there go east to Second Avenue and take the bike lane uptown to 99th Street. Coming home is the reverse.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Problem with getting cross town from UES or UWS on a bike is getting through Central Park. Unless you use one of the transverses (there is one for 96th street), you have to take the drives up and around instead of going directly east to west or vice versa. I personally don't like riding my bike through the transverses as there isn't much of a shoulder.

Once you get out of the park there are plenty of bike lanes both on streets and avenues that will get you to and back from Penn Station. Most easy would probably be the bike lane on Columbus.

I'd consider taking the subway to 86th or 96th and taking a Citibike from there to commute cross down, then reverse in evening. There seems to be a steady stream of people doing this daily.

Also consider taking Citibike from West 72nd, across CP via Terrance Drive to East 72nd. From there go east to Second Avenue and take the bike lane uptown to 99th Street. Coming home is the reverse.
thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: