Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:34 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,051,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I actually drive from ridgewood to the penn station area. I use to drive to the Jefferson ave station and park my car, then take the L to 6th ave and 14th street, then take the F or M train 2 stops to Penn Station. I could no longer deal with the aggravation, filth, stench, overcrowding, delays, hot platforms in the summertime, loud obnoxious teens, break dancers who want to swing on poles during crowded rush hours and as of recent, as if we don't have enough to deal with on our daily commutes, we now have to watch out for the occasional random slashing! I'll pass. Paying an extra $7.50/day is well worth not having to deal with that twice a day, 5 times a week!

I leave early to avoid the rush hour traffic therefore the commute is just as long as if I took the subway in.
Is the L that bad nowadays? The aspiring mc hammers/BIGs don't really bother me much. But in the 90s I was robbed along with a friend going home from school @3-4pm by this dude shooting himself with a syringe in a car full of people and threatening to give us AIDS. Other than that the L must have been the most overcrowded train in the entire system in the 90s. Back then the conductor would make threats every single morning saying that he'll put the train out of service if people didnt stop holding the doors. And there was at least one time they actually told everyone to get the F out and put the train out of service. Of course this wont happen nowadays due to the change in demographics. I must have waited for another two or three trains before I was able to get on and this was pre-gentrification mid 90s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 09:40 PM

8,938 posts, read 4,783,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That black lady is so annoying. I would turn around and deck her to shut up.
I put the thing on mute. That's the only way I could watch it.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Lol
Did she at one point exclaim, "yesssssssss"!

Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
This is exactly why I chose to move to LI and don't take the subway anymore, unless the weather is really lousy. You don't see ghetto rats like this loud mouth heffer on the LIRR. At least the douche bag white guys weren't shooting or stabbing each other like _____ and ______ would.

You can fill in the blanks
Yes, but the LIRR can be just as bad riding it on Saturday/Friday nights when you get all the loud, drunk club kids headed to Manhattan. (I made that mistake once riding the train at that hour). I'll take the subway anytime.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:56 AM

419 posts, read 627,270 times
Damn nikkas mad loud, she's the one need a good slap.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:20 AM

139 posts, read 156,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
This is exactly why I chose to move to LI and don't take the subway anymore, unless the weather is really lousy. You don't see ghetto rats like this loud mouth heffer on the LIRR. At least the douche bag white guys weren't shooting or stabbing each other like _____ and ______ would.

You can fill in the blanks
I'd rather take the L train over a bunch of LI women yapping their mouths off at 6:15AM. Fights on the L train are rare, but overly chatty suburban moms is a sure thing every morning on the LIRR.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:42 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,245,767 times
The loudmouth was trying to hype up her video in preparation for hits on youtube.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:14 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,331,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Is the L that bad nowadays? The aspiring mc hammers/BIGs don't really bother me much. But in the 90s I was robbed along with a friend going home from school @3-4pm by this dude shooting himself with a syringe in a car full of people and threatening to give us AIDS. Other than that the L must have been the most overcrowded train in the entire system in the 90s. Back then the conductor would make threats every single morning saying that he'll put the train out of service if people didnt stop holding the doors. And there was at least one time they actually told everyone to get the F out and put the train out of service. Of course this wont happen nowadays due to the change in demographics. I must have waited for another two or three trains before I was able to get on and this was pre-gentrification mid 90s.
They'll still threaten to put the train out of service. Doesn't matter what the demographics are, they don't want you holding up the train.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:22 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,051,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
They'll still threaten to put the train out of service. Doesn't matter what the demographics are, they don't want you holding up the train.
Do they really still do? I was on it once a week maybe 5/6 years ago and the train was always jam packed with hipsters holding doors, but no screaming threats to take the train out of service. And it wasn't even the threat, but I was surprised that they actually did it. Didn't make sense since it would delay everyone even more. On some trains ive been on in the past they'd skip stops if there was a long delay, but maybe it wasn't an option.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:28 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,439,689 times
I was disgusted by the way the ghetto folk were loving the savagery. It was difficult to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: