Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:36 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,485,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
I doubt it. Theyre building an airtran, shops, and hotels at Willets Point. Bayside is not transit friendly even though it's relatively close to Flushing/Corona.
I agree in some ways and disagree in others. We live close to the Bayside LIRR: It is 25 minutes to Penn Station and the ride is a heck of a lot more comfortable than the #7 elevated train from Flushing Main Street. But then again it is so much easier to have a subway running near you even if it is a 45 minute ride on many days to get to Manhattan and we are a full 6 miles to the subway by bus or car!

But what I keep thinking is that the RE values are rising rapidly in Flushing and even Corona and so people will eventually start to look outwards towards Northeast Queens and go to Whitestone, Bayside, Douglaston, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 07:41 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,928,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I agree in some ways and disagree in others. We live close to the Bayside LIRR: It is 25 minutes to Penn Station and the ride is a heck of a lot more comfortable than the #7 elevated train from Flushing Main Street. But then again it is so much easier to have a subway running near you even if it is a 45 minute ride on many days to get to Manhattan and we are a full 6 miles to the subway by bus or car!

But what I keep thinking is that the RE values are rising rapidly in Flushing and even Corona and so people will eventually start to look outwards towards Northeast Queens and go to Whitestone, Bayside, Douglaston, etc.
I think the people who are living in Corona and Flushing are a different demographic than the ones who are looking to live in Bayside. They're very different neighborhoods. Corona and Flushing is full of working class and relatively new immigrants. They want to live in apartments and be able to walk to their stores/restaurants 24/7. Bayside is where the established go after they have made it in the US after a few years. Just because there is an AirTran and malls doesn't mean the neighboring areas would see their values skyrocket. In the immediate neighborhood of Corona and Flushing I can see, but Bayside is not walking distance to Corona/Willets Point.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:25 PM

436 posts, read 561,871 times
Bayside is a residential area for well-off people with some amenities and nice stores/restaurants. If there's a comparable area it's Forest Hills or Kew Gardens. It's funny how the residential areas in the eastern half of Queens get progressively worse the farther south one goes (in general).

Old 05-19-2016, 04:47 PM

86 posts, read 119,079 times
Default Deport them

I think the chinese should all be shipped back to and the koreans too! We don't need their prostitution rings everywhere and we certainly don't need their disgusting stores or churches everywhere! They should all be deported!

Old 05-22-2016, 08:29 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,858,214 times
Northeast Queens values going up?

Or do you mean PRICES are going up.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:14 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,251,322 times
Douglaston is probably one of the nicest areas in the boros. Values there should be up, along with prices.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Douglaston is probably one of the nicest areas in the boros. Values there should be up, along with prices.
Definitely agree about Douglaston, especially Douglas manor... no other place like it. Great schools, quiet, close to 2 LIRR stations (only 30 mins to the city), water front community and every type cuisine available on Northern.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
LIRR PW local is packed full of people from Bayside

A lot of them are not from Bayside! We live 2 blocks from the Bayside LIRR station: these people are often from Nassau over the border and they park on the streets here for the day.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Northeast Queens value will rise and fall with China's economy. If I was you I would pray everyday China economic miracle continues for many decades and one day a Chinese person arrives at your house bringing all cash payment for your property.
We are not moving. I like to watch, speculate in my head LOL! The Chinese immigrants have already been bringing cash here.

Many are born here though and tough it out just like you and I.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:27 PM

8,616 posts, read 10,991,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
A lot of them are not from Bayside! We live 2 blocks from the Bayside LIRR station: these people are often from Nassau over the border and they park on the streets here for the day.
street parking is pretty horrid in Bayside LIRR... for many decades. How many commuters can there be from Nassau?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: