Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 07:23 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

Apple is gearing up to open its first store in Brooklyn, help-want ads reveal. The likely location, at 247 Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, which has been in the works since 2014, was tightly under wraps when Brownstoner stopped by this morning.

Another Apple store is rumored to be in the works near Atlantic and Flatbush, close to Downtown Brooklyn

.Apple Store Brooklyn: Opening Soon and Hiring Now | Brownstoner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 08:10 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
There goes the neighborhood. Or that already happened?

Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Apple is gearing up to open its first store in Brooklyn, help-want ads reveal. The likely location, at 247 Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, which has been in the works since 2014, was tightly under wraps when Brownstoner stopped by this morning.

Another Apple store is rumored to be in the works near Atlantic and Flatbush, close to Downtown Brooklyn

.Apple Store Brooklyn: Opening Soon and Hiring Now | Brownstoner
This isn't big news to be honest. Don't get me wrong, Williamsburg has one of the highest users of Apple products besides the village and the other being San Francisco. Creative types love apple products. No here is the bad news. How can an apple store produce or increase sales of iPhones especially since apple has hit peak iPhone in America and globally where sales have fallen flat.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:35 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This isn't big news to be honest. Don't get me wrong, Williamsburg has one of the highest users of Apple products besides the village and the other being San Francisco. Creative types love apple products. No here is the bad news. How can an apple store produce or increase sales of iPhones especially since apple has hit peak iPhone in America and globally where sales have fallen flat.
They have so many billions on hand they need to spend their money. Every business has its peak, they just have to stay there and not stumble to down the rabbit hole. That means remaining to be cool for the new generations growing up and setting the trend for technology.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:49 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,858 times
Good luck getting there on the L train!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:38 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
They have so many billions on hand they need to spend their money. Every business has its peak, they just have to stay there and not stumble to down the rabbit hole. That means remaining to be cool for the new generations growing up and setting the trend for technology.
Apple under Tim is just a profit generating machine through all of Steve's innovations. The next series of tech disruptions are not coming from Apple. They will be very vulnerable when it happens. They have not had one smashing success since the iPad.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:45 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
If only there was an alternative to the iPod. I'm not crazy about the idea of loading my songs to my phone (which would use up all of my memory and the Galaxy S6 does not have extra storage). And using up data running spotify or pandora doesn't appeal to me.

Otherwise I don't use Apple products at all, I have used Macs for work, but that's it. And I have not given in to the pressure to get an iPhone, even techs at Verizon have warned me against getting them.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:09 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Good luck getting there on the L train!

I was just popping in to say that! Maybe they'll build some dorms for their workers.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
If only there was an alternative to the iPod. I'm not crazy about the idea of loading my songs to my phone (which would use up all of my memory and the Galaxy S6 does not have extra storage). And using up data running spotify or pandora doesn't appeal to me.

Otherwise I don't use Apple products at all, I have used Macs for work, but that's it. And I have not given in to the pressure to get an iPhone, even techs at Verizon have warned me against getting them.
I don't even know a single person that still owns a iPod unless for collecting. iPhone even with 8GB free is more than enough to carry thousands of hours of music. Unless you plan on carry every song in your collection which is not a very good way of managing your iPhone. The iPhone not only sounds better than your iPod it's also quicker. So perhaps you should learn how to manage playlists or get a bigger iPhone. Samsung S7 supports microSD card.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:07 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't even know a single person that still owns a iPod unless for collecting. iPhone even with 8GB free is more than enough to carry thousands of hours of music. Unless you plan on carry every song in your collection which is not a very good way of managing your iPhone. The iPhone not only sounds better than your iPod it's also quicker. So perhaps you should learn how to manage playlists or get a bigger iPhone. Samsung S7 supports microSD card.
I've had my iPod since 2007 and it still works. I only bring it up as it's starting to croak, and hubby offered to get me a new one for my birthday coming up.

I have no desire to buy an iPhone at all, so that point is moot. As for the S7, I was told to wait for the S8 instead. Not to mention I only bought my S6 a year ago. I'm not one of those that needs to upgrade the second a newer version comes out. I don't have a bankroll like that, nor do I care enough.

As for using my phone instead, I checked the memory left on my phone and it would only be just enough to cover my 50+gigs of music. I mainly use it for the gym and commuting. Granted, I could only put my workout playlist on the phone and call it a day, but occasionally I want to listen to something outside of those playlists. I bought my husband a Nano, and he uses it for the gym and likes it.

On a side note, I'm surprised they didn't decide to put an Apple store in Red Hook or by the Navy Yard since they are building up those areas now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: