Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:26 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,293,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
Agreed, the Bronx is a paradise for ethnic foodies who like unknown spots, it's like what Queens was 15 years ago.
Queens is still like that except for LIC and Astoria. And even Astoria has some hidden gems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 10:14 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,426,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
Thanks
We ate at melbas by me. We were able to fit everyone between 3 cars. My parents don't particularly like spanish food. I don't really like italian.
Haha, sounds like a picky family

Just for the record though, "Spanish" food is widely varied, there are many countries in Latin America with varying cuisines even within the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I still want to try the black mole and also the oaxaqueno mole. I also recommend getting a pambazo, I had it in a Bushwick restaurant and it was really good, it's like a torta deep fried in spicy pepper
That sounds delicious but I still haven't had a torta though! I hear Milanesa is really good and I think I'll start with that

Old 06-06-2016, 10:39 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,197,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Haha, sounds like a picky family

Just for the record though, "Spanish" food is widely varied, there are many countries in Latin America with varying cuisines even within the country

That sounds delicious but I still haven't had a torta though! I hear Milanesa is really good and I think I'll start with that
In NYC the term "Spanish food" seems to be mostly reserved for Dominican/Cuban/PR food.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
In NYC the term "Spanish food" seems to be mostly reserved for Dominican/Cuban/PR food.
Yeah that's true, although I'd exclude Cuban food from that. Their cuisine is more widely known and most Cuban restaurants label themselves as Cuban.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:44 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,157,996 times
Never heard of black or white mole. How do they catch them, or are they farm raised? They probably taste like chicken anyway.

(just kidding!)

Old 06-07-2016, 12:13 PM

1,491 posts, read 2,229,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
Never heard of black or white mole. How do they catch them, or are they farm raised? They probably taste like chicken anyway.

(just kidding!)
They grow them on big farms and harvest them by hitting them over the head with cartoon hammers.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:55 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,293,864 times
Yeah Spanish food is mostly associated with Dominiacan/Puertorican. Colombians and Ecuadorians refer to their cuisine as "Latin" usually, and Ecuadorians also like using "tropical". Peruvian cuisine is very very distinct and unique (you cant find 90% of their dishes anywhere else) so they just keep it straight

Old 06-07-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Yeah Spanish food is mostly associated with Dominiacan/Puertorican. Colombians and Ecuadorians refer to their cuisine as "Latin" usually, and Ecuadorians also like using "tropical". Peruvian cuisine is very very distinct and unique (you cant find 90% of their dishes anywhere else) so they just keep it straight
Colombian and Ecuadorian restaurants often label themselves as Colombian and Ecuadorian, from what I've seen.

But yeah, Mexican and Peruvian restaurants will almost always sell themselves as Mexican and Peruvian, since their cuisines are distinct.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:13 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,676,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
McDonalds. What do you mean by "sit down" - do people in the South Bronx stand up like horses to eat?
LMAO maybe he means a nice place to eat and chill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City