Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 05:52 PM

9 posts, read 16,235 times

Advertisements

This post is dedicated to all my wonderful friends who may, at some point in their hopefully long lives, find themselves wandering about the heart of Greenwich Village near let's say Washington Square Park. I am going to debunk the best restaurant myth and spill the beans about my favorite exotic place to eat !!! As I sit here, just finishing my O' so yummy leftovers, first let me tell you about a wondrous night last summer. My stepdaughter & her new husband offered to take my wife and I to dinner, Imagine my surprise when (without knowing) they chose my all-time favorite Vietnamese restaurant
Saigon Market http://www.saigonmarketnyc.com/market/
This place is a gem !! I could not resist a fresh frozen mango daiquiri to start, followed by Fried Calamari, then for entrees we ordered and shared;
Suong Nuong (Heavenly grilled marinated pork chops w lemongrass, served with pickle salad,cucumber,tomato w nuoc cham sauce on the side),
Ca Hop
(steamed fillet of salmon w black bean sauce,ginger,scallions,& coriander served with sauteed napa cabbage,lotus root,mushrooms and snow peas),
and of course
Royal Seafood Bouillabaisse
(Prawns,scallops,crab claws,fish,mussels,calamari,vegetables & clear noodles in more than slightly spicy curry sauce) !!!!!!!
This my friends is what I call dinner par excellence !!! The portions here are fairly huge so after they packed up our leftovers (which ended up being the next day's dinner) we went across the street and down one block to;
Amorino - Greenwich Village Amorino - 749 Photos & 679 Reviews - Greenwich Village - New York, NY - Phone Number - Menu - Yelp
This place is a little pricey but the gelato is ultra gourmet spectacular-ness !!!
Three small cups set us back $16.50 but after my wife & I finished our pistachio tiramisu combo no one was complaining !!! Then we moseyed on over to Washington Square Park and watched a classical piano virtuoso perform (on what might have been a grand piano) under the
Washington Square Arch - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Square_Arch
more properly known as the Washington Arch which is where 5th Ave starts.
If you stand along the inside wall of the arch the acoustics are excellent !!
After a beautifully played set, three hours of an incredibly balmy summer evening, full of sights, sounds, and smells had melted away and it was time to say our goodbyes and venture our own separate ways home.
I am confident many of you had some memorable evenings as well, so until my next review
Au revoir & Arrivederci mi amigos !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City