Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:23 AM

29 posts, read 25,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Public enemy is not some rap concert, they aren't the new age rappers talking about nothing but drugs and hoes. They are real rappers, they will attract a different crowd, mostly the old folks and the dumb kids no better than to shoot up their parents party. And it will be heavily protected by police.

Have fun!
I'm not worried about being at the actual event it would mainly be getting home that would be my concern and waiting in the hood at the bus stop. I guess I could Uber it and wait somewhere safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 07:28 AM

47 posts, read 45,043 times
If it's that concerning, just stay home. If I was in a position where I have to question my safety or even comfort, then it's not worth it.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:31 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Why would you wear a Trump shirt?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 AM

379 posts, read 255,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybittz1 View Post
forgot to mention I'm also white and yea that's also an idea
Are you implying that blacks generally have a compulsion for harming whites? This reminds me of that black poster who spoke of moving to Jamaica but had trepidation because his girlfriend is white, implying that his fellow black males can't control themselves around pretty white women.

Gotta love diversity-loving New Yorkers when they themselves show their true colors?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHillAmerica View Post
Are you implying that blacks generally have a compulsion for harming whites? This reminds me of that black poster who spoke of moving to Jamaica but had trepidation because his girlfriend is white, implying that his fellow black males can't control themselves around pretty white women.

Gotta love diversity-loving New Yorkers when they themselves show their true colors?
No I'm not lol. I have no idea what the motives of any thugs or gangs are in this neighborhood though. it's more of standing out from the rest of the area that I'm concerned about.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:24 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
Still think you are trolling but just to play along, you are probably safer than anybody else. And if its that concerning why not just uber it back home like you keep saying??? Like I said that's why I know you are just trolling.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Still think you are trolling but just to play along, you are probably safer than anybody else. And if its that concerning why not just uber it back home like you keep saying??? Like I said that's why I know you are just trolling.
I wouldn't write a long-ass paragraph in my original post if I was trolling, not even sure if Uber goes to those hoods

Old 06-10-2016, 04:47 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
I wouldn't write a long-ass paragraph in my original post if I was trolling, not even sure if Uber goes to those hoods
uber goes anywhere, come on. there are taxis you can take as well, google some cab company numbers in the area.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:33 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Hi,
I am a 24 year old male from Queens in a considerably safe neighborhood. I'm pretty good with getting around the city by myself. There is a free Public Enemy concert that I wanna go go coming up which is in Brownsville Brooklyn and I'm aware that is arguably the worst part of the borough. I have been to other ghetto areas before for other concerts and events such as Tremont, Harlem and the Queensbridge projects but never really hung out that far south of Brooklyn before. I am 5'8 and around 146 pounds. The show starts around 7pm and will probably end a few hours later. My biggest concern would be traveling back at night. Would I be smarter calling a cab or Uber back to a safer neighborhood?
The only other person I know going isn't bringing his phone due to obvious secure reasons. I fear I may go alone lol. Should I just sit this one out?

Old 06-11-2016, 02:26 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
if the OP is serious, Public Enemy has another concert at Coney Island. But not for free

Public Enemy Tour - Public Enemy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City