Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times

Advertisements

Religions are devices for one group asserting power over another. It has always been this way.
The Crusade against the infidels that Pope Urban ordered in the Eleventh Century has continued with few abatements through 2016.

George HW Bush's invasion of Iraq in 1993 is what got gay kids slaughtered in Orlando if indeed Islam had anything to do with the attack...perhaps it was "normal" ongoing Christian homophobia yammered from all the Southern bigot churches that was the cause of the gendered-genocide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 03:41 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,468,374 times
This is utter nonsense. The Orlando shooter pledged his allegiance to ISIS (or ISIL, Daesh, whatever.) This organization is an artifact of the Syrian civil war. If Obama (and his SecState at the time, the Hildabeast), had not tried to weaken Bashir Assad, and let him crush ISIS in it's formative period, it wouldn't have been a problem now.

Then again, the shooter could just have been a Muslim POS who just wanted to kill gays. The shout out to ISIS may just have been his way of getting more news coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
George HW Bush's invasion of Iraq in 1993 is what got gay kids slaughtered in Orlando if indeed Islam had anything to do with the attack...perhaps it was "normal" ongoing Christian homophobia yammered from all the Southern bigot churches that was the cause of the gendered-genocide.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:30 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post

Then again, the shooter could just have been a Muslim POS who just wanted to kill gays. The shout out to ISIS may just have been his way of getting more news coverage.
Closeted Muslim POS who just wanted to kill gays.

Waiting for them to unearth his life on the down low. Being a bi polar closeted homophobic gay muslim is not a good combination.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:32 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,468,374 times
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Closeted Muslim POS who just wanted to kill gays.

Waiting for them to unearth his life on the down low. Being a bi polar closeted homophobic gay muslim is not a good combination.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
People are crazy, targets are everywhere. It could be a non-isis terrorist attack like the attacks on San Bernardino, Charleston, Sandy Hook, Virginia tech. or an isis inspired terrorist attack like Orlando. As long as these unstable people have access to automatic weapons, it will continue. I have no solution for bombs, since they are made but we have to start somewhere. I don't have a chance against an automatic weapon.
The shooter according to his wife was mentally unstable and was bipolar. Most of these shooters are male, and exhibit anti social tendencies and to certain point have been marginalized by mainstream society. Due to being marginalized or out casted by society, these folks will take out anger on innocent people. The attack in Orlando is not much different from Columbine. I agree with you overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynorbust View Post
I bet the shooter was a closet gay. You know, they say, the people
Who are the most intolerant are indeed hiding something. RIP to those lives that were lost and here's to hoping the animal who did this attack is indeed with 72 Male virgins in heaven.
You never know. HE probably was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I'm sure there will be heavy security, don't worry.

Hopefully the Muslims can change the Qur'an - and make it more tolerant of Americans.

Some should ask Imams and Mutfis to hold a council to change Islam, the same way how Christians had councils. Catholics had councils so that the religion can be changed and adjusted to modern times of certain eras, a good example is the Catholic Reformation. The big problem is that its not Islam, its the culture of such places that exist. Historically places such as Turkey, Egypt, and the Levant have been religiously moderate to at times liberal. Even Iraq was once the center of learning of the known world, home to poetry, philosophy, science, astronomy, mathematics. However Iraq was snuffed by the Mongols who were Buddhist, Christians and Muslims who destroyed Baghdad which did not revive back until the 20th century. In places like Saudi Arabia, Sub Saharan Africa, Central Asia, Pakistan, Islam is extreme because of the cultures of these areas are very war like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Religions are devices for one group asserting power over another. It has always been this way.
The Crusade against the infidels that Pope Urban ordered in the Eleventh Century has continued with few abatements through 2016.

George Bush didn't invade Iraq in 1993. In 1991 George Bush and his allies chased the Iraqis out of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. A decade later George Bush Senior invaded Iraq which contributed to its distbliazion mentioned by Dick Cheney due to Shia, Sunni rift, and Arab animosity to the Communist Kurds in the north.

As for what happened in Orlando? This event is not different from Sandy Hook, Fort Hood, San Bernardino, Virginia Tech, Columbine. Even though I'm not a fan of Obama, for him to watch these mass shootings in his tenure must be traumatizing. One thing we need to do as a nation or as states is to give folks mental exams so that we can point out mental issues. The US needs to do a better job with mental health. Most of these shooters are all mental health cases. obviously the shooter is a claimed Jihadist. Big problem is that the US can not go after the Jihadist. This attack was not Al Qaida or Taliban which different theological, ideological and recruitment differences than ISIL or Daesh. Al Qaida attacks hard targets, ISIL does not. Another thing is that in recent years Islam has become a taboo subject in America, but also homosexuality is too a touchy subject and remains so even after the attacks in Orlando. I don't know how this will affect the 2016 presidential election. Trump ask for a banning of Muslims, however the shooter is a native New Yorker and a born American. Also Islam grows fast in our prison system. IF one wants to curb Islam, lets fix our prison system. Liberals on the other hand will want more gun control after this such event, however the supreme court upholds the 2nd amendment. The sad part is that we have evil people all over, from radical islamists to Christian conservatives. One CHristian conservatives agree with these folks dying. The sad part is that most of these folks who got killed were Puerto Rican.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzAe3oJkWo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IO8fFYlIfc

Old 06-13-2016, 07:11 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
There is no evidence this man was gay. Plenty of people have hated gays to the point of violence. That does not make them gay. A shooter in SC last year was a white guy who hated Blacks. Some people just hate whatever is different from them.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:21 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,458 times
If the shooter was a bipolar and mentally ill how in the hell did he get a gun permit. In order to have a gun permit you're supposed to be mentally stable. His wife and family knew he was mentally ill. They should be part responsible for not reporting his illness. His gun permit would have been revoked. The shooter was a walking time bomb ticking waiting to explode he could have killed his entire family. Who knows how many more mentally ill people are out there running around with guns and gun permits.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
They caught a copycat guy who wasn't Muslim in Los Angeles today. Had he not been caught this would have repeated itself already. So yes there is a good chance something may be attempted during gay pride in NYC. Because of the intense crowds any panic would likely cause people to trample each other. I will
Stay home. For anyone out that day, if you see something say something.

Oh and this killer in Florida was twice a FBI suspect and still they did not take away his license to carry concealed weapons.
why was he being watched by the FBI, I know they aint watching me.....yet he was still able to do what he did.

once again, our government failed us.

and my second post was deleted also, guess the truth hurts

Old 06-14-2016, 04:28 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There is no evidence this man was gay. Plenty of people have hated gays to the point of violence. That does not make them gay. A shooter in SC last year was a white guy who hated Blacks. Some people just hate whatever is different from them.

Ex-wife’s bombshell claim: Club shooter was gay:
http://nypost.com/2016/06/13/shooter...y-dating-apps/

This was obvious from the start in my mind. A self hating closet case. This clouds the whole terrorist issue in my mind because his true motivation is very unclear. He may have just been using the terrorist angle to mask what has really been going on in his sick head.Especially since he didn't seem to know one islamic terrorist faction from another. LOl at the idea of the "devout" muslim who drank himself into oblivion while hanging out in gay bars and contacting other guys on grindr asking them out on dates.

Come to think of it wasn't one of the Paris attackers also outed after the attack ? As I said above, something very , very volatile about being a self hating homophobic gay muslim……it really screws you up in the head and it isn't the gay part that screws you up.

Last edited by bluedog2; 06-14-2016 at 05:25 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 04:39 AM

106,610 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
why was he being watched by the FBI, I know they aint watching me.....yet he was still able to do what he did.

once again, our government failed us.

and my second post was deleted also, guess the truth hurts
they found the investigation had no merit at that time . as the fbi director said , they get thousands of leads and finding the one that is a terrorist is like looking for a needle in a hay stack . then you get investigations like this one where it is looking at hay and trying to see if it will be a needle . it can be impossible .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: