Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 10:34 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,055,774 times

Advertisements

I'm heading to the city in a week. Guess I won't be drinking anything, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
LOL, way to "go!"
I hear you...Lol.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:48 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,249 times
Has anyone asked help from your phone? "Siri, where should I pee?"

Old 06-16-2016, 11:57 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,249 times
There is a big marble restroom in Trump Tower, courtesy of the Donald. You don't need to vote for Trump to use it.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
There is a big marble restroom in Trump Tower, courtesy of the Donald. You don't need to vote for Trump to use it.
I doubt they let just anyone walk in there.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:26 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Diners are a good solution for those of us who have to go when out and about. Just yesterday I bought a small cup of java to use the restroom for a quick stop. Drank the most of the coffee. Was clean with a few nice local people eating breakfast. Not a madhouse like D and D or McD. Old diners are a sadly fading American institution. Thats a whole different subject though.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:01 AM

Where do you find diners in NYC?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
I think Manhattan has like maybe 4 or 5 diners left. A hotel is probably the easiest if you need to pee and are downtown. Next best thing is to go to a fast food joint and buy something cheap.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Where do you find diners in NYC?
I was in Bay Ridge by the 95th st R subway line. There were several diners and old school coffee shops. The one I went into had the old fading sign Probably from the 70's. What a charming area. Places like this are disappearing fast sadly.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:14 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Places are just getting fed up with homeless persons treating their restrooms as private bathrooms.

Homeless not only hang out in places like Barnes & Noble, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc.. but often use the public restrooms for everything from actually going to the bathroom to bathing/washing up.

A few years ago was at the Starbucks down on Astor Place. Before leaving went to use the restroom. Door was locked/occupied so waited, and waited, and waited. Finally after about fifteen minutes the manager came over to see what was going on. Inside you could hear water running and so forth. Manager banged on door but that got nothing. Finally after over twenty minutes some white young homeless/drug addict (Astor Place then and now is full of them), comes sauntering out with his towel and night bag. The bathroom looked like who did it and ran. Water and paper towels everywhere, not to mention the funk. It became apparent the kid was using the bathroom for his nightly before going to bed ritual.

You feel sorry for the staff at these places because they are the ones who have go in there and clean up after these people. You don't know where they've been..... Know persons who worked at such places and they've reported having to clean bathrooms where BM was all over the place after some crazed homeless person was done.

Using public restrooms as "bathrooms" is quite common. Where do you think all those persons sleeping/living in their motor vehicles go to do their business and wash up? The surge of homeless in NYC has left many places reeling.....
I'm sorry that you had to smell that Bugsy. That particular odor is horrible. I've smelt it numerous times. It can only be described as a combination of all of the most foul odors all rolled up into one. Then sent out to the landfill in SI to fester into an even more foul odor. It's pretty bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City