Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 09:04 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
other parts of the country got better . nyc got worse .
When it comes to this issue I really don't think NYC got worse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 09:11 AM

181 posts, read 444,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you have a safe room? Maybe a therapy dog? Good luck and god bless.
Don't need one - I pack my own equipment and probably can handle a weapon much better than these bozos. You keep being angry about paying their ludicrous pensions though LOL

Old 06-16-2016, 09:37 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namogel View Post
Just walking through Penn yesterday to catch my train home and I see a line of cops in blue holding what I think were semi-automatic rifles. This isn't the first time I've seen this as I've noticed it for years, but was wondering what their story was. Sometimes I saw actual military in military outfit carrying rifles in Atlantic Terminal, but only in Penn do I see cops in blue carrying these rifles.

I can't help but actually feel UNSAFE when I see these guys packing those arms. When I looked at a lot of them, most of them looked like they had less IQ than a toad and some of them were just playing with the parts of their weapon because you could definitely hear a clicking sound on and off. Like a little kid playing with a toy.

God forbid an ORlando incident happened in Penn, I feel like these blue brothers would contribute more to the body count. I bet the average gun-owning Texas civilian is far more responsible and cautious than NY's unfinest.

Discuss
Is this for real? Or trolling?
How many times did you apply and get rejects from joining the NYPD? Sounds like sour grapes.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Is this for real? Or trolling?
How many times did you apply and get rejects from joining the NYPD? Sounds like sour grapes.
Didn't try LOL- I'll take my easy office job where I am STILL in better shape than most of the NYPD - most of them probably can't even do 1 pull up or put together a sentence.

You sound like one of those fat goombas that are in a union. You spent too much money on beer one month so you decided to slip on a bum's **** so you can win the disability lottery.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:02 AM

106,571 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
When it comes to this issue I really don't think NYC got worse...
no , nyc got more restrictive to the citizens here . we are the sheep and we are just being made less and less able to defend ourselves from the wolves and the sheep dogs are never around to protect the sheep .

the answer to protecting against the wolves isn't by disarming the sheep .

Old 06-16-2016, 11:19 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namogel View Post
Didn't try LOL- I'll take my easy office job where I am STILL in better shape than most of the NYPD - most of them probably can't even do 1 pull up or put together a sentence.

You sound like one of those fat goombas that are in a union. You spent too much money on beer one month so you decided to slip on a bum's **** so you can win the disability lottery.
Actually, no. I am sitting here, very fit, in my suit in my air conditioned office getting paid to read your nonsense

I hope 911 is disabled on all of your phones.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:47 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
no , nyc got more restrictive to the citizens here . we are the sheep and we are just being made less and less able to defend ourselves from the wolves and the sheep dogs are never around to protect the sheep .

And it isn't making even more wolves either.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Actually, no. I am sitting here, very fit, in my suit in my air conditioned office getting paid to read your nonsense

I hope 911 is disabled on all of your phones.
derp derp derp someone's never heard of cell phones

Old 06-16-2016, 12:24 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,030 times
Quote:

Very good point agree with your post 100%.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:38 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:

I really disagree with that line of thinking but I don't want to talk about that right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: