Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 11:05 PM

45 posts, read 71,548 times

Advertisements

I searched lindenwood before I posted, but nothing recent came up. My wife & I are looking to purchase a 2 family property. We were actually thinking of purchasing a co-op last year but didn't like the idea after looking at a few places. The area feels like a small town, which I kind of like. The people who live there seem to take good care of their homes. The area is a little secluded, that worries me a bit when it comes to rental income. We're frequent visitors to Prima Pasta on Cross bay, which we love! Cross bay blvd seems to have everything you need. There's more stores a short drive away at the Gateway Center. We don't have kids but we saw the schools are pretty good. We can really see us settling down there for a long time.

Any new developments going on ? I saw they recently built a small strip of new stores on cross bay.

Is racism an issue ? I'm hispanic and my wife is Italian.

How's the rental market ?

Are things getting better ? Worse ? Staying the same ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 02:58 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,913,245 times
It's a nice area. I made a detailed post awhile back about the neighborhood for mathjak.

What Hispanic heritage are you? There is a sizable Puerto Rican population there, although Italians and Jews still make up the bulk of the neighborhood.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:09 PM

106,608 posts, read 108,757,383 times
my daughter is very very happy there in a co-op

Old 06-11-2017, 10:20 PM

I just wanted to give an update for anyone else thinking of moving here. Lindenwood is definitely a nice,safe, and quiet area. One thing I love about the neighborhood is if you don't live here or are visiting someone, there's no reason to come here. It keeps the neighborhood extremely quiet. In the winter, things were great. The warm weather has rolled around and the same people are blasting music during the week and on the weekends. We don't see this going on any other block when we are driving around or walking our dog. It was a good thing we didn't plan on staying here long term. I just have to worry about my tenants not wanting to deal with that type of noise year in and year out. Great neighborhood, just some bad luck with the block I choose.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:35 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouRod87 View Post
I just wanted to give an update for anyone else thinking of moving here. Lindenwood is definitely a nice,safe, and quiet area. One thing I love about the neighborhood is if you don't live here or are visiting someone, there's no reason to come here. It keeps the neighborhood extremely quiet. In the winter, things were great. The warm weather has rolled around and the same people are blasting music during the week and on the weekends. We don't see this going on any other block when we are driving around or walking our dog. It was a good thing we didn't plan on staying here long term. I just have to worry about my tenants not wanting to deal with that type of noise year in and year out. Great neighborhood, just some bad luck with the block I choose.
Can only advise you to move above Jamaica Avenue if considering Woodhaven again. South of Jamaica, not as nice. Can attest to quality of life issues like loud music and dirty streets.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:36 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Can only advise you to move above Jamaica Avenue if considering Woodhaven again. South of Jamaica, not as nice. Can attest to quality of life issues like loud music and dirty streets.
Made a mistake. Am updating post addressing Lindenwood. Would say that some parts are on the decline and would go with Howard Beach, but prices can be higher. Should look at specific block during various times, check crime stats and go from there. Have had various friends who lived near Cross Bay Blvd move to Long Island and not look back.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:22 PM

We're about to do the same in a year or two. I wouldn't buy a house in Howard Beach. I'm two mins away from new Howard Beach. For 100k more, I can get myself a two family house in Lindenwood instead of a single in HB and my portion of the mortgage would be a lot less. The closest mall is still Gateway Center, which we try to avoid as best we can besides BJs. There isn't much to do in the area and it can be a pain to get around NYC from here.

I'm hoping we can move back closer to where we use to live, Middle Village or Maspeth. The prices there are extremely high which is why we moved here.

Last edited by LouRod87; 06-13-2017 at 09:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City