Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 02:42 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmetj View Post
It hasn't been mentioned yet, so I would like to suggest the Hillside Ave area of Queens Village and Jamaica. There is a very large Bangladeshi community there, so you will find grocery stores, shopping and restaurants all east indian centric. Travel time to manhattan via the F train is roughly 35 minutes to an hour during rush hour.

As far as your budget, $2000 will go a long way there. I'd imagine you can fetch a nice 2br apartment with great amenities very easily. That being said, Richmond Hill would also be a great choice.

Best of luck!
A little further east on Hillside Avenue there is Bellerose and Floral Park which is becoming primarily Indian. There are mostly houses in the area though, not apartments. Many if not all of the realtors in the area are Indian and they seem to bring in only Indian buyers. The Indian realtors heavily solicit homeowners to sell. I'm not sure if it's blockbusting but it's only Indian realtors doing this and they only seem to service the Indian community. Businesses and restaurants are heavily Indian, and the employees you'll see in local shops and banks are Indian. I'm surprised the media has not taken notice of this huge change in demographics in the area from primarily Jewish/Italian to Indian. It's as big a change as when downtown Flushing become a Chinese community but this change is flying under the radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 06:11 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiandr View Post
Thanks guys. I am planning to look into the NJ options as suggested by many of you.

Here's all you want to know about Newport, in Jersey City, in pictures:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Newp...w=1536&bih=786
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City