Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 09:57 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times

Advertisements

People on here do not understand the political and economic history of Britain. As an American, it is essential to understand the dynamics of Britain, remember it was the British that rebelled against king George to establish a union of 13 colonies. From Alfred the great, to 1066 at Stanford bridge, to magna Carta, to the union of England and Scotland, to the coronation of William the 2nd of orange, to queen Victoria and so on. Britain has been a sinking ship for a while now. Britain began to lose its economic hegemony right after the American Revolution. Britain still wanted to trade and invest with America. Over time this resulted in an economic boom for both, partners on the opposite side of the pond. However the more Britain, wanted to invest and trade with America, the more leverage America gained over Britain. Thier are documents and topics about this. Lots of British wealthy investors, invested in the Federal Reserve Bank like the British Rothschild family. Prior to world war 2 British naval and airforce bases were converted into American bases. Bretton woods treaty signed over economic, political and military policy power to Washington, however London remained the center of trading banking and investing. Britain on a global stage has been a junior partner with the US a which is a former child colony of the British Empire. As well as a junior partner with the European Union. Within this century United Kingdom will breakdown into England, if UK boat keeps sinking. If it offers any consolation for Britain, a former great global empire Spain is also in the same boat.

200 years ago, Britain could outgun, out buy, out invest, and manipulate any country on earth, this lead to its growth of its empire. Today, these tactics to a certain degree do not work because to many global players out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 08:13 PM

491 posts, read 375,503 times
Mike Pence, governor of Indiana will be selected as Donald Trump's VP candidate. No announcement as of yet, but this will happen.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:19 PM

491 posts, read 375,503 times
why conservatives don't participate in polls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLOEmHmEIwA

Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHaller73 View Post
anecdotally speaking, many trump supporters in nyc can't admit that in the workplace, or within their peer group because of reverse persection by the leftists. they generally nod, and say i'm undecided, but they'll be voting trump in the privacy of a voting booth.
It's been a LONG time since a Republican won New York in a presidential race. Trump isn't going to win NY.

The Trump supporters I've met in NY are usually old white men.

Even if Trump wins the presidency (possible) he is highly unlikely to win NY.

And even then it remains to be seen if he'll win the Presidency. It really depends more on what female voters (51% of the population) decide. There's may very well win.

I think Hillary will win the traditionally blue states and Trump will win the traditionally red states. The election is going to be decided by swing states like FL, NC, OH, VA, etc.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHaller73 View Post
why conservatives don't participate in polls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLOEmHmEIwA
Ridiculous propaganda.

One video is not proof that conservatives don't participate in poll.

Lastly many states are politically conservative and yes those people do indeed participate in polls.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:40 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,356,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
People on here do not understand the political and economic history of Britain. As an American, it is essential to understand the dynamics of Britain, remember it was the British that rebelled against king George to establish a union of 13 colonies. From Alfred the great, to 1066 at Stanford bridge, to magna Carta, to the union of England and Scotland, to the coronation of William the 2nd of orange, to queen Victoria and so on. Britain has been a sinking ship for a while now. Britain began to lose its economic hegemony right after the American Revolution. Britain still wanted to trade and invest with America. Over time this resulted in an economic boom for both, partners on the opposite side of the pond. However the more Britain, wanted to invest and trade with America, the more leverage America gained over Britain. Thier are documents and topics about this. Lots of British wealthy investors, invested in the Federal Reserve Bank like the British Rothschild family. Prior to world war 2 British naval and airforce bases were converted into American bases. Bretton woods treaty signed over economic, political and military policy power to Washington, however London remained the center of trading banking and investing. Britain on a global stage has been a junior partner with the US a which is a former child colony of the British Empire. As well as a junior partner with the European Union. Within this century United Kingdom will breakdown into England, if UK boat keeps sinking. If it offers any consolation for Britain, a former great global empire Spain is also in the same boat.

200 years ago, Britain could outgun, out buy, out invest, and manipulate any country on earth, this lead to its growth of its empire. Today, these tactics to a certain degree do not work because to many global players out there.
Today this does not work because the UK doesn't ****ing produce anything of substance that can't be produced elsewhere. What was the latest innovation to come out of the UK?

It has been living off of its colonial dividends and those are fast running out.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Today this does not work because the UK doesn't ****ing produce anything of substance that can't be produced elsewhere. What was the latest innovation to come out of the UK?

It has been living off of its colonial dividends and those are fast running out.
I admire your American patriotism and I agree with you alot, but saying Britain does not produce anything of substance is an understatement. Britain produce some of the world's best machinery. Britain also produce some of the world's best defense products and is a huge defense contract partner with the US in civilian and defense sectors. Rolls Royce engines power the aircraft that you fly on when you fly on out of JFK airport for vacation. Have a smart phone? Some components of smart phones are made in Britain and shipped to China and inserted into your precious apple device that is designed in California. As for the latest innovation that has come out of Britain? Beats me only musicians. To be fair and honest, if it wasn't for Britain and it's industrial revolution and propping the independent 13 colonies, having institutions such as Harvard and Yale modeled after Cambridge and Oxford, America would be poop. Britain is mutually tied to the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Mother Britain does not need to produce anything. The Bretton woods treaty, marginalized Britain to what we see it today.

As for Britain's colonial dividends? Those profits ran out long time ago. Britain saw a mass exodus of Britons to America, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia during the post world war 2 or cold war era. Britons was broke my friend in that period.

Even the MTA is going to use British inventions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...nd_discoveries

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-06-2016 at 10:09 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I admire your American patriotism and I agree with you alot, but saying Britain does not produce anything of substance is an understatement. Britain produce some of the world's best machinery. Britain also produce some of the world's best defense products and is a huge defense contract partner with the US in civilian and defense sectors. Rolls Royce engines power the aircraft that you fly on when you fly on out of JFK airport. As for the latest innovation that has come out of Britain? Beats me only musicians. To be fair and honest, if it wasn't for Britain and it's industrial revolution and propping the independent 13 colonies, having institutions such as Harvard and Yale modeled after Cambridge and Oxford, America would be poop. Britain is mutually tied to the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Mother Britain does not need to produce anything. The Bretton woods treaty, marginalized Britain as a technical innovator.
Yes, I realize that Britain still produces things. However, these tend to be in mature (low margin) industries ripe for disruption. Rolls Royce operates in an oligopoly. Big whoop.

What was their latest innovation? We've had Google, Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, Uber, and hundreds of others big and small.

Are you really claiming that the US is what it is today because of the UK? The UK toes our line because they need us. The US says jump and they only ask how high. Every time we go to war, those idiots are right behind us sniffing our ass. lol

I think many people in the UK forgot that they were living off of colonial (i.e. exploitation) dividends.
What they need to do is compete and innovate.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Yes, I realize that Britain still produces things. However, these tend to be in mature (low margin) industries ripe for disruption. Rolls Royce operates in an oligopoly. Big whoop.

What was their latest innovation? We've had Google, Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, Uber, and hundreds of others big and small.

Are you really claiming that the US is what it is today because of the UK? The UK toes our line because they need us. The US says jump and they only ask how high. Every time we go to war, those idiots are right behind us sniffing our ass. lol

I think many people in the UK forgot that they were living off of colonial (i.e. exploitation) dividends.
What they need to do is compete and innovate.
I guess you don't understand the history of Britain. British ceded tech innovation to the United States back in the 1940s. Also Britain invested heavily in us industries throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. This was Britain's wrong doing in a sense.

Also British investors, merchants and bankers invested heavily on United States which saw bigger paychecks than back home. Investing with America helped take America off. If you took a time machine to mid 19th century wall Street, you would be awestruck by British banks in the area. Our federal Reserve bank today is financed by wealthy Britain's like the Rothschild family. I'm surprised you do not know this. But anyway Britain is practically a 51st state. There is no need to innovate and compete, when they are the mutual security of the child colony USA. Would you tell your ailing parents to compete and innovate to remain relevant, or would you provide them economic and poltical security? You tell me the answer.

https://youtu.be/CtHV0iiAwS8

If you go to wall Street. Ask a Britain, what was your most important colony. They will see the 13 colonies.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-06-2016 at 10:29 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I guess you don't understand the history of Britain. British ceded tech innovation to the United States back in the 1940s. Also Britain invested heavily in us industries throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. This was Britain's wrong doing in a sense.

Also British investors, merchants and bankers invested heavily on United States which saw bigger paychecks than back home. Investing with America helped take America off. If you took a time machine to mid 19th century wall Street, you would be awestruck by British banks in the area. Our federal Reserve bank today is financed by wealthy Britain's like the Rothschild family. I'm surprised you do not know this. But anyway Britain is practically a 51st state. There is no need to innovate and compete, when they are the mutual security of the child colony USA. Would you tell your ailing parents to compete and innovate to remain relevant, or would you provide them economic and poltical security? You tell me the answer.

https://youtu.be/CtHV0iiAwS8
I understand the history of Britain. However, you seem to be hung up on that history, i.e. the past.
The past is not indicative of the future. In fact, the more something is evident (has a long history), the more it is likely to change. If any generation is privy to this, it is ours.

Look forward. With the significant demographic changes occurring in the US, is it less likely or more likely that the "special" relationship will continue indefinitely?

What are the problems facing the US today and which countries can help the US with those problems?
Hint, it's not the UK but countries such as China, Russia, Turkey, and even the EU (as an entity).

You're looking too much at the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City