U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,883 times

Advertisements

Hey I Am Looking To Move To The Brooklyn College Area Like Forster Ave -northstrand Or 31 Street Maybe Down To 41 Str Kings Highway. The Prices Are Still Resonable There.
I Do Hear A Lot Of Different Thinks About This Area From Its Getting Better Totally Worse...... And Mostly From People Who Have Never Been Ther-hear Say....
Anybody Living There Familiar With This Neighborhood . How Safe Is It At Night?
Well I Know Safe Is In Relation. When I Moved To Nyc 7 Year Agotons Of People Told Me Dont Move To Harlem Soo Dangerouse As A White Person . Let Me Tell You -its Bs!! Never Had Problems Ther Either East Nor Westharlem And Yea Somebody Got Shot Right At My Streetcorner But Hey Crimes Is Everywhere. I Work In Midtown And Believe It Or Not Our Workplace Got Robed 3 Times!

So Please Anybody Out There Who Knows This Neighborhood And Can Me Tell Something.
By The Way For All The People Out There Hwho Talk Bad About "the Hood" I Rather Prefer To Live In A "hood Neighborhood "with A Good Vibe Than In This High End Areas Where Nobody Wants Even To Talk To Their Neighbor
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 12:56 AM

190 posts, read 923,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murau View Post
Hey I Am Looking To Move To The Brooklyn College Area Like Forster Ave -northstrand Or 31 Street Maybe Down To 41 Str Kings Highway. The Prices Are Still Resonable
Closer to Kings Highway is safer than toward Foster and Nostrand Avenues. Kings Highway is an area of many Jewish immigrants, Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Russian descent. Closer to the Flatbush Avenue side of Brooklyn College, it does begin to be a little more ghetto though. The Midwood side of Brooklyn College is actually quite nice and safe.

Overall it's an okay area to live. I personally wouldn't want to live there, but I've been in and out of New York City for most of my life and remember when those areas were much higher in crime and random violence was the norm.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM

14 posts, read 38,028 times
I have checked out the Foster Ave area and it seems pretty descent...I am actually buying a coop around that area.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 PM

191 posts, read 852,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murau View Post
Hey I Am Looking To Move To The Brooklyn College Area Like Forster Ave -northstrand Or 31 Street Maybe Down To 41 Str Kings Highway. The Prices Are Still Resonable There.
I Do Hear A Lot Of Different Thinks About This Area From Its Getting Better Totally Worse...... And Mostly From People Who Have Never Been Ther-hear Say....
Anybody Living There Familiar With This Neighborhood . How Safe Is It At Night?
Well I Know Safe Is In Relation. When I Moved To Nyc 7 Year Agotons Of People Told Me Dont Move To Harlem Soo Dangerouse As A White Person . Let Me Tell You -its Bs!! Never Had Problems Ther Either East Nor Westharlem And Yea Somebody Got Shot Right At My Streetcorner But Hey Crimes Is Everywhere. I Work In Midtown And Believe It Or Not Our Workplace Got Robed 3 Times!

So Please Anybody Out There Who Knows This Neighborhood And Can Me Tell Something.
By The Way For All The People Out There Hwho Talk Bad About "the Hood" I Rather Prefer To Live In A "hood Neighborhood "with A Good Vibe Than In This High End Areas Where Nobody Wants Even To Talk To Their Neighbor
personally i think the neighborhood is up and coming. it is a black area.. very black, but if u dont care, i dont care. i live on Ocean and H. as u go further east/north, it tends to get blacker, but also more middle class black is mixed in with the thug class, as the side streets are all single family homes with big/poor buildings on the corner. Kings hiway and 41st is decent, foster, nostrand, flatbush is a bit sketchier, but you seem like you're down with it, and even the bruthas need their token whiteboy but for the most part, if ur cool with them, then they will be cool with you.

Theres a new Target mega mall coming to that area, and great train/bus service. New nets stadium is literally 10 minutes away by train. You can get to anywhere important in less than an hour.

Needless to say, if you survived and thrived in harlem, you will have no problem in north flatbush.

lemme know if u need more details..

Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 PM

191 posts, read 852,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gescot1 View Post
I have checked out the Foster Ave area and it seems pretty descent...I am actually buying a coop around that area.
just curious what size coop and how much are you paying, if you dont mind my asking. simply because i think the area is going to be a goldmine in the next 4-10 years

Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM

14 posts, read 38,028 times
The size is about 600 sq ft and it is a one bedroom for about $160K its on foster ave near Nostrand ave. I agree I feel like in a few years the area will change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City