Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:01 AM

11 posts, read 13,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Did they have you have employers who pay you as an independent contractor (as a 1099) to fill out a form that has absolutely no relevance to freelance (independent contractor) employment? So far, BG seems to be the only marketing agent that does this for 1099 income, at least in my experience.

Hi Moving415 -

Yes they did, kind of frustrating, most of these people I have worked with like once or twice, some aren't even in the country anymore.

P.S Love how much you know about the process!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:50 AM

I found the info for freelancers that says I need the last 2-3 years of tax returns. I've practically just graduated and been working for 2 years. Does that disqualify me?

Edit: I have a full year of working full time + my tax return from last year. In such a weird spot here!

Edit #2 (sorry!) : I also found this info:

Even if you think this may be the case, you must still include your net income from self-employment on the
application. Don’t leave out any income. It can take several months until you hear about an interview, so it may be
possible that you will have 2 years of self-employment income at that point. Be sure to bring documents to the interview
that show how much you have already made from this type of self-employment, and how much you will make this year.

I guess if they wanted to, they could schedule me for an interview in December, but that's too much trouble.

Last edited by hello.kitty; 08-07-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Old 08-07-2017, 12:22 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times
Yes, if you're presenting yourself as self-employed, you need a minimum of two years of self-employment in the same field to qualify. But if they haven't eliminated you yet, you're probably OK, and by the time this process is over, you might have the two years. BG seems to be the only marketing agent that requires that verification form from freelance jobs -- HPD doesn't require it, as I called and checked. It's BG's thing, and is further evidence of its total cluelessness.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Yes, if you're presenting yourself as self-employed, you need a minimum of two years of self-employment in the same field to qualify. But if they haven't eliminated you yet, you're probably OK, and by the time this process is over, you might have the two years. BG seems to be the only marketing agent that requires that verification form from freelance jobs -- HPD doesn't require it, as I called and checked. It's BG's thing, and is further evidence of its total cluelessness.
Thank you so much Moving415 for your insight. Do you believe I could ask HPD to transfer me to another building? I do love my neighborhood so much (Greenpoint) and dealing with BG has been a pain. I have a ridiculously low log number, yet it took like 5 emails to even get one interview scheduled that turned out to not be 'an interview'.

Thank you again!

Old 08-07-2017, 02:54 PM

64 posts, read 145,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello.kitty View Post
noirkervin - how are you enjoying your apartment at 535w43rd? was it worth going through the whole process? thank you! x
I love my apartment and the staff are kind and cool,but I am so happy I do not have to deal with them AZZ holes at Breaking Ground anymore,I am gonna die in this apartment.that's how long I intend to stay.lol

Old 08-08-2017, 12:29 PM

21 posts, read 26,281 times
has anyone heard back yet for the interview? im contemplating calling their office. but seeing how unresponsive they are makes me think i should just avoid them altogether.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:44 PM

148 posts, read 130,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirkervin View Post
I love my apartment and the staff are kind and cool,but I am so happy I do not have to deal with them AZZ holes at Breaking Ground anymore,I am gonna die in this apartment.that's how long I intend to stay.lol
Was it the spanish azzhole ? She was real nasty to my friend

Old 08-08-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishonastar22 View Post
has anyone heard back yet for the interview? im contemplating calling their office. but seeing how unresponsive they are makes me think i should just avoid them altogether.

Hi Wishona!

I had to email a few times (5-7?), and even called (no one ever picked up) before scheduling my appt. Another route would be calling the reception and saying you weren't able to confirm your day/time, I did that and had more of a success.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 PM

12 posts, read 15,695 times
I spoke to someone at Breaking Ground yesterday. I explained to her that i have yet to get an interview date. She told me i should get resonse by friday and if not to call her back. Im waiting to see what happens. Her name is Rachel.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:01 AM

65 posts, read 82,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl718 View Post
I spoke to someone at Breaking Ground yesterday. I explained to her that i have yet to get an interview date. She told me i should get resonse by friday and if not to call her back. Im waiting to see what happens. Her name is Rachel.
What number did you call? I haven't heard back yet also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: