Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 04:29 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Linda Randazza of the medical examiner's office testified that there was DNA from multiple people under the victim's fingernails and that Lewis's DNA may have been on top of her fingernails. May have? How can she not be certain of where the DNA was collected from?
And the father has an alibi for his DNA being on her because he lifted and embraced her dead body when he found her. Most people don't think for a second he killed her because of his emotional histrionics throughout the case but if you put that aside he would be a prime suspect. The defense apparently didn't want to raise that possibility. Early in the case I read some theories that it was an "honor killing" by the father. Should the father have been eliminated as a suspect because he acts so overwrought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 11:13 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Im also not sold on the fathers "bad feeling" and then heroically he finds little her.
and the girl is a world traveler, and is 30. hardly a child that needs to be looked after 24-7
you mean to tell me, that she couldnt have gone out at anytime anywhere and daddy was calling to check on her.
this whole father daughter thing is completely bizzare to me.
totally, not normal

it seems like they wanted to put this on someone really fast, close the door and call it a day.
next...............

I also think chanel was not alone.

I wonder what Chanels handicap is?
is he autistic?
retarded or something, but clearley, anyone with a brain, can see this boy has something wrong with him.

and who the heck names a boy "shanell"

Old 04-30-2019, 11:27 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
She was sexually assaulted but they didn't check for DNA on her private parts. How is that possible? Or did they check for it and found DNA of someone other than Chanel and didn't mention it?

Quote:
Mr. Lewis’s lawyers had sought to poke holes in the prosecution’s case, suggesting that the investigation into Karina Vetrano’s murder was “sloppy.” Investigators and the medical examiner, they said, had not checked for DNA evidence at the crime scene or on other parts of Ms. Vetrano’s body — aside from her neck and nails.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/n...l-verdict.html

Old 04-30-2019, 11:45 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
She was sexually assaulted but they didn't check for DNA on her private parts. How is that possible? Or did they check for it and found DNA of someone other than Chanel and didn't mention it?

This is what really burns. At least I'd expect the medical examiner's office to do a proper job. Not testify that Lewis's DNA "may" be on top of victim's nails. It either was or wasn't. Instead of testifying that the DNA of "multiple" people was under her nails say how many people and have the cops look for those people.

This whole trial was a fiasco. From the prejudiced judge, the jury selection of a rape victim in a rape/murder case, the inability to replay Lewis's confession at the jury's request etc.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:54 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post

Yeah, so what was the actual sexual assault that took place? Never heard any specifics on that.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-30-2019, 07:46 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Im also not sold on the fathers "bad feeling" and then heroically he finds little her.
and the girl is a world traveler, and is 30. hardly a child that needs to be looked after 24-7
you mean to tell me, that she couldnt have gone out at anytime anywhere and daddy was calling to check on her.
this whole father daughter thing is completely bizzare to me.
totally, not normal

it seems like they wanted to put this on someone really fast, close the door and call it a day.
next...............

I also think chanel was not alone.

I wonder what Chanels handicap is?
is he autistic?
retarded or something, but clearley, anyone with a brain, can see this boy has something wrong with him.

and who the heck names a boy "shanell"
I am going to answer ONLY to the first paragraph of Nightcrawler's comment. You obviously do not know much about the Italian Heritage. Most Italian parents are extremely close to their children, to the point that the adult children are overwhelmed with love, dedication, devotion. Often, they remain home way past 25 years' old. The complete family, mother, father, brothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, cousins, etc., are all involved in the life of an adult child. What the father did does not look to me out- of- character. That is the ITALIAN way of doing things. It takes a village to raise an Italian child.......

Old 04-30-2019, 08:54 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
that's why i think it was a mob hit

a sicilian thing

Old 04-30-2019, 10:52 PM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
If they had an issue with the father, they would have hit him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
that's why i think it was a mob hit

a sicilian thing

Old 05-01-2019, 07:19 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah, so what was the actual sexual assault that took place? Never heard any specifics on that.
Vaginal and anal rape is what I read.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:42 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Vaginal and anal rape is what I read.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City