U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:54 AM

2,806 posts, read 15,566,815 times

Advertisements

Saw this on CBS2's webpage: wcbstv.com - VIDEO: Shopper Knocked Out Over Small Aisle Space (http://wcbstv.com/seenon/shock.video.punch.2.658258.html - broken link)

I have to say that it was a pretty good punch, but it was a sucker punch never the less. If you want to fight someone suck it up, and do it like a man, not a punk like this guy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,405,025 times
Disgusting thugs. I hope they all get arrested.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:55 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,187,264 times
Stuff like this pisses me off. If you want to fight, do it like a man. Don't sucker punch someone. Stuff like this makes me wish this was Florida. That CCW ( carry and conceal ) is a *****. Though we all know Al Sharpton will march up-and-down B'way if this guy would of exercise his Second Amendment right...

Old 02-20-2008, 02:18 PM

182 posts, read 408,459 times
That wasn't a good punch-that was assault on an old man by some stupid punk trying to make up for his insecurities and shortcomings. Like to see him try it with me, face-to-face.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:41 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,187,264 times
^^^ I got a 20 riding on JC.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Thanks for support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ I got a 20 riding on JC.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:11 PM

1,752 posts, read 2,423,364 times
Angry Amen To You JC

I agree wholeheartedly with JC...idiots like that are only 'bad' when they go up against A) the elderly, B) the unarmed, and C) those that they outnumber...I'm willing to bet if he had tried that on an able-bodied man or woman, face to face, he would have gotten knocked unconscious with amazing speed...as a black man, I saw that clip and I got extremely angry real quick---and whomever said Rev. Sharpton would be all over it had the tables been turned and the older man had beat the whoha out of that ignorant thug is probably right...but as I had stated a while back in another thread, Revs. Sharpton and Jackson do NOT speak for me, or for a large majority of the black population, either...

The guy who did that is a punk, and a sissy, and is about as tough as wet Kleenex without his little popgun or 20 of his closest friends to back him up, plain and simple...you can't justify that ignorant thug lifestyle to me in any way shape or form---period, end of story

Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM

473 posts, read 1,577,292 times
gotta love the promotion racial fear mongering in the article. As if the guy got knocked out for being white...... "The shopper, a white man wearing a white coat, suddenly gets walloped by a black man in a dark vest and gray hoodie." - i.e. if you're white and you meet a group of blacks, aka thugs, please fear for your life!!!!

The report said they were mouthing off to each other - however nothing was said about the exchanges. If you're gonna be running your mouth to people, especially "thugs" (all what 5 of them?) what do you think the outcome is gonna be?

One day I was browsing/shopping on Fordham rd and I was just checking out a shirt to see how it looked on me. In the process, a shorter guy walked right into my extended forearm. It wasn't my fault I mean, the kid should have watched where he was going right? and I guess I should have also watched the aisle before sticking my forearm out.

Nevertheless, this kid gave me one of the most wicked stares I've ever gotten in the city - what did I do? I just said "my bad". It killed the situation even though he stared for an extra second before walking away. I am not about to fight some kid over aisle space. Even though I could military press the punk, kids in this city hardly fight - they stab and shoot.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 PM

....and the same to you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with JC...idiots like that are only 'bad' when they go up against A) the elderly, B) the unarmed, and C) those that they outnumber...I'm willing to bet if he had tried that on an able-bodied man or woman, face to face, he would have gotten knocked unconscious with amazing speed...as a black man, I saw that clip and I got extremely angry real quick---and whomever said Rev. Sharpton would be all over it had the tables been turned and the older man had beat the whoha out of that ignorant thug is probably right...but as I had stated a while back in another thread, Revs. Sharpton and Jackson do NOT speak for me, or for a large majority of the black population, either...

The guy who did that is a punk, and a sissy, and is about as tough as wet Kleenex without his little popgun or 20 of his closest friends to back him up, plain and simple...you can't justify that ignorant thug lifestyle to me in any way shape or form---period, end of story

Old 02-21-2008, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,750 times
I don't care what words were exchanged before the punch. It should have never happened and the only thing that will be done about it, is an arrest.

If that was a black man punched by 5 white kids it would become a very racist thing. The media and Al Sharpton would be playing it up to fight that injustice. However, because it is a white man it will be played on the news maybe a week and then disappear. If it was a black man it would be on the news until he received some kind of compensation for his injuries.

It is always different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City