Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 09:18 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,409,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree as well. I think we should not jump to conclusions of a hate crime. The sketch of the suspect looks like a South Asian. Thr crime may have resulted in a deal gone bad. Who knows? If it is an hate crime, it could be Hindu hate crime against Muslim especially since Hindus live in the area as well.

In this country as a whole Muslims are living in fear, not only from suspicious law enforcement, but from fellow Americans who don't understand their alien abrahamic faith. In some parts of the country Muslims are buying guns to protect themselves, property, family and business, thanks to the 2nd amendment.

https://youtu.be/4faL98XdZiA

Right now this country is going through some scary times with blm, Islamophobia, LGBT issues, while many others have yet to recover from the 2008 recession. Overall I put the blame on liberals.
You blame Islamophobia on liberals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 09:22 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,264,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
No.
OP said hate crime. I realy don't think it was. I think its Islamic organized crime. Ozone Park has a history of organized crime.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:05 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,217,997 times
Quote:
The game was awesome. However Yankee season is over for me. Pinstripes aren't going anywhere.
Oh I know the season is over because they won't be making the playoffs, but the kids are going to be exciting to watch the rest of the way. Judge is a BEAST!

Old 08-14-2016, 10:09 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,322,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I sometimes think warily about the big beautiful Islamic Center on 96th and Third a couple blocks North of me. It seems like a pretty peaceful place and it would be nice if it stayed that way.
I would like to go in and nosy about but I don't know the protocols beyond "no shoes." (Must men cover their heads?)

Being New York I'd hate to lose a pair of New Balance.
I go to that masjid. You as a man just have to take your shoes off when you come in to the prayer area. The head Imam (Imam Jallow) is extremely nice. I'm sure they will love to give you a tour.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:13 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,322,782 times
Quote:
I agree as well. I think we should not jump to conclusions of a hate crime. The sketch of the suspect looks like a South Asian. Thr crime may have resulted in a deal gone bad. Who knows? If it is an hate crime, it could be Hindu hate crime against Muslim especially since Hindus live in the area as well.

In this country as a whole Muslims are living in fear, not only from suspicious law enforcement, but from fellow Americans who don't understand their alien abrahamic faith. In some parts of the country Muslims are buying guns to protect themselves, property, family and business, thanks to the 2nd amendment.

https://youtu.be/4faL98XdZiA

Right now this country is going through some scary times with blm, Islamophobia, LGBT issues, while many others have yet to recover from the 2008 recession. Overall I put the blame on liberals.
Last time I checked it's usually hateful right wing types that hate the "other"

Old 08-14-2016, 10:44 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,331,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I guess technically whenever someone is shot its a hate crime.
Hate
Love
Passion
Greed
Revenge

Old 08-14-2016, 01:03 PM

30,530 posts, read 17,998,049 times
Yeah, but we already see the mosque/community that the two men were from politicizing things and blaming Trump Tragic case, but let's wait for more details to come out before jumping to conclusions.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:42 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,409,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Last time I checked it's usually hateful right wing types that hate the "other"
Exactly.

And is it just me, or is it disgusting that someone came in this thread just to post about the Yankees? As if he doesn't give a sh*t about someone getting killled.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:26 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,192,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Exactly.

And is it just me, or is it disgusting that someone came in this thread just to post about the Yankees? As if he doesn't give a sh*t about someone getting killled.

I think his point is that there are people getting killed every day in this city and country and world. In callous, brutal ways likes this many times. And for some reason, only some seem worth of public discourse. Which is weird.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:29 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,217,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Exactly.

Your right, I don't give a sh*t about him. Did you give a damn about the Catholic priest in France beheaded during Mass by 2 savage Muslims recently ? I bet you didn't even hear about it.

So spare me your garbage, they could all drop dead today and the world would be a better place.

Yankees got some great rookies huh? Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City