Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 07:17 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,277,550 times

Advertisements

American Jewish Congress visited the mosque on Sunday. Did deBlasio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 07:38 AM

5,044 posts, read 4,923,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Aren't you Chinese? The atheist Chinese government kills Muslims every day.
They kill muslims not because of their religion but because those killed didn't comply with their regulations or posed dangers to other citizens. they prosecute a lot more chinese the same way. not sure how your attention was drawn only to the muslims but not to the chinese whom they prosecuted. too incapable of making sense of common sense?

Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 AM

5,044 posts, read 4,923,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
F!cking idiot, what does the murder of two people in Queens has to do with the ME?
Apparently what I explained above well exceeded what your brain could process so I choose not to bother any further with an angry low life like you.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,528,591 times
Quote:
I agree as well. I think we should not jump to conclusions of a hate crime. The sketch of the suspect looks like a South Asian. Thr crime may have resulted in a deal gone bad. Who knows? If it is an hate crime, it could be Hindu hate crime against Muslim especially since Hindus live in the area as well.

In this country as a whole Muslims are living in fear, not only from suspicious law enforcement, but from fellow Americans who don't understand their alien abrahamic faith. In some parts of the country Muslims are buying guns to protect themselves, property, family and business, thanks to the 2nd amendment.

https://youtu.be/4faL98XdZiA

Right now this country is going through some scary times with blm, Islamophobia, LGBT issues, while many others have yet to recover from the 2008 recession. Overall I put the blame on liberals.
"Islamophobia" is a nonsense term. Islam is just an ideology. Giving it the label "religion" doesn't make it immune from criticism - just like any other ideology - veganism, capitalism, any other religion, whatever you want. If the ideology contradicts or is abhorrent to your own principles (for example it is homophobic, it is misogynistic, it condemns dogs, it contravenes certain fundamental universal rights...) then criticizing it or even being disgusted by it is not "phobic". Its a bogus term used to stop discussion or scrutiny of the ideology. (As is the pretense that religions are perfect, or entirely benevolent, rather than, since the beginning of consciousness, being human-controlled and flawed).

The term muslimophobia is much better, because it delegitimizes hate or bigotry against the person, or against what might also be implied to be simply an "ethnicity" in effect. Hating, or being repelled by, the ideology (Islam) - that's one thing. But hating the person, the people, (Muslims) is something else entirely.

Respecting someone's right to have a belief, whatever it is, is not the same as respecting that belief. A vegan might respect your right to be omnivorous, but its nonsensical to say they should also respect your animal-killing meat-eating beliefs themselves. You're blaming liberals - but apparently they are very happy to defend homophobic and misogynistic ideology - as long as its beloved by an oppressed group.

In any event, for the sake of the Muslim community left behind here living fearfully, I hope that the get the murderer as soon as possible.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
"Islamophobia" is a nonsense term. Islam is just an ideology. Giving it the label "religion" doesn't make it immune from criticism - just like any other ideology - veganism, capitalism, any other religion, whatever you want. If the ideology contradicts or is abhorrent to your own principles (for example it is homophobic, it is misogynistic, it condemns dogs, it contravenes certain fundamental universal rights...) then criticizing it or even being disgusted by it is not "phobic". Its a bogus term used to stop discussion or scrutiny of the ideology. (As is the pretense that religions are perfect, or entirely benevolent, rather than, since the beginning of consciousness, being human-controlled and flawed).

The term muslimophobia is much better, because it delegitimizes hate or bigotry against the person, or against what might also be implied to be simply an "ethnicity" in effect. Hating, or being repelled by, the ideology (Islam) - that's one thing. But hating the person, the people, (Muslims) is something else entirely.

Respecting someone's right to have a belief, whatever it is, is not the same as respecting that belief. A vegan might respect your right to be omnivorous, but its nonsensical to say they should also respect your animal-killing meat-eating beliefs themselves. You're blaming liberals - but apparently they are very happy to defend homophobic and misogynistic ideology - as long as its beloved by an oppressed group.

In any event, for the sake of the Muslim community left behind here living fearfully, I hope that the get the murderer as soon as possible.
Very correct. I agree with you.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:10 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Any mayor not just De Blasio.
Not for nothing. Jews in NYC, hold economic sway, as well as votes. What mayor would not be on the scene if anything happened in thier community? Whether if it's ultra othrodox, or uws liberal reformed Jew. It's sad that in the article, one of the Muslims pointed out a Jews and the mayor but it's reality in NYC. I hope religious leaders of all faiths can come together for community healing on what happened, and try the very best to remove hate from the equation.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:13 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,199,452 times
Quote:
Not for nothing. Jews in NYC, hold economic sway, as well as votes. What mayor would not be on the scene if anything happened in thier community? Whether if it's ultra othrodox, or uws liberal reformed Jew. It's sad that in the article, one of the Muslims pointed out a Jews and the mayor but it's reality in NYC. I hope religious leaders of all faiths can come together for community healing on what happened, and try the very best to remove hate from the equation.
Yeah its just a reality of the way politics work in this city. The Jewish communities hold a lot of power and can mobilize a lot of votes. Muslims don't have that same kind of sway in this city.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:57 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Your right, I don't give a sh*t about him. Did you give a damn about the Catholic priest in France beheaded during Mass by 2 savage Muslims recently ? I bet you didn't even hear about it.

So spare me your garbage, they could all drop dead today and the world would be a better place.

Yankees got some great rookies huh? Love it!
I can Imagine Jesus Christ saying the same thing, right ?

Old 08-15-2016, 12:20 PM

4,171 posts, read 4,044,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Trump and his supporters can dish it out but can't take it? Why am I not surprised?
What does a neighborhood feud between Hispanics and Muslims and a dispute over parking have to do with Trump?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2751802

Old 08-15-2016, 01:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,333,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
What does a neighborhood feud between Hispanics and Muslims and a dispute over parking have to do with Trump?

Killer of Queens imam, friend crashed into cyclist and cop car - NY Daily News
over parking? Man, how ridiculous. He took two lives and how his life will be ruined. Mental issues are real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City