Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 693 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I will be staying in Brooklyn near the Barclays Centers in March for a b-ball tournament and had a question about getting to and from JFK via public transit. I want to get the Atlantic Terminal as I'm staying near there, so I wanted to know about the LIRR, Is is a part of the subway system or does it require a special fare? Does is cost anything to ride the airtrain to the Jamaica Station to catch the LIRR?

Thank you for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 03:45 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,935 times
It costs $5 to travel from JFK to Sutphin Blvd for the LIRR. It's completely separate from the subway and uses a separate fare system.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:05 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Here are sample results for a trip using the JFK Airtrain & the LIRR to Atlantic Ave/Barclays Center:
MTA NYCT - Trip Planner+

The OP can program in his JFK arrival terminal/time to get more accurate information.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:18 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKATL View Post
Hey guys I will be staying in Brooklyn near the Barclays Centers in March for a b-ball tournament and had a question about getting to and from JFK via public transit. I want to get the Atlantic Terminal as I'm staying near there, so I wanted to know about the LIRR, Is is a part of the subway system or does it require a special fare? Does is cost anything to ride the airtrain to the Jamaica Station to catch the LIRR?

Thank you for any help!
When you get off JFK, look for "Airtrain". It will cost you $5 to take from the airtrain to one of the MTA Subway station.

1)Get off on "Howard Beach FJK Airport" station.
2)Then get a metrocard on the vending machine or station booth ($1 fee for getting a metrocard, and $2.75 for one entry into subway station)
3)Once you get into the subway station, look for "Manhattan" A train, and take the train from there.
4) Get off on "Jay St MetroTech" and transfer to "Brooklyn" R train
5) Get off on "Atlantic Ave-Barclays Center".

Be prepare of any change of route because there are repair and construction going on in the subway station, so there might be service changes. If ever in doubt, ask, but look for the right person to ask.

You have arrive your destination.
I hope this helps.

Note: This advice is purely base on my own opinion, and I have been taking MTA subway for over 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: