Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 05:04 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Ok so, for the record folks, he said he would kill soldiers, cops firemen who come to get him if the time comes. He is a cop saying he would kill a cop who is ordered to do his job against Airbournes political belief. So why is this belief worse not as revolting or trrrifying as people who are militant leftist like many accuse BLM of being. ??? This I bring up because it displays an angry, militant view of a alleged NYC police officer. In a context of many allegations of hyper aggresive police in the inner City.
Oh, you know, because militant leftist blacks are actually destroying property, killing people, and otherwise inconveniencing Americans all over the country while I'm just sitting here, you know saying things.

But anyway, we're ready. Keep playing games, eventually you're going to win stupid prizes... lefties...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 05:39 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Oh, you know, because militant leftist blacks are actually destroying property, killing people, and otherwise inconveniencing Americans all over the country while I'm just sitting here, you know saying things.

But anyway, we're ready. Keep playing games, eventually you're going to win stupid prizes... lefties...
Lefty who believes in the rule of law. Who respects people with diferent viewpoints. Your attitudes have been unmasked and reveal some really disturbing disorders. Your a cop empowered to apply justice and fairness but you apparently hate everyone your sworn to protect. I have no more words for you. When I post dont direct a response my way. I wont respond to you either.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:34 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
The police might be carrying out orders and enforcing laws passed by the government, but it depends on how they carry them out.There needs to be more rules and guidance. Like I said above, choking someone in a headlock should not be one of those methods.
He never should have been arrested for selling Lucy's.

Also keep in mind he had been arrested 30 or 40 times. Guys like this with no money and who aren't formally employed hang out on the store all time. You can be arrested for loitering if you hang out in a place where you are not a tenant or a guest.

You would also need welfare and job market reform to help address the issues that drive the bad relations between Black people and the cops. This is much bigger than good cop, bad cop.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
When I post dont direct a response my way.
Remember how I said that I "say things"? Well I meant it. If you don't want to respond, that's your choice.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:11 PM

371 posts, read 526,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
He never should have been arrested for selling Lucy's.

Also keep in mind he had been arrested 30 or 40 times. Guys like this with no money and who aren't formally employed hang out on the store all time. You can be arrested for loitering if you hang out in a place where you are not a tenant or a guest.

You would also need welfare and job market reform to help address the issues that drive the bad relations between Black people and the cops. This is much bigger than good cop, bad cop.
just like I said in an earlier post that no one probably read probably read as it is not full of personal attacks, you cannot bring prior criminal records into it. The police need to believe it is possible to reform people or the system fails. he might have been on welfare, but that shouldn't matter either.

if he cannot just stand on the sidewalk in the city, it is a problem. if the business complained then ok they can tell him to leave but in no instance is a chokehold warranted. NYWriterdude, you are trying to justify the NYPD's killing of Eric Garner.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:20 PM

another dead man shot by a cop. this takes the case and shows how poorly trained officers are and how common sense is not used at all.

A man in north carolina was shot in his driveway by a cop. They say he led cops on a high speed chase that ended in the man's driveway. Was it really a high speed chase? NO. You might ask why and the reason is because the man was deaf and couldn't hear the sirens. He also was not able to communicate with the officers as he had a speech impediment.

Now if I was an officer and I saw a man struggling to communicate, common sense would kick in and the last thing I would do is take my gun out especially if the man is unarmed.

This incident really epitomizes the issues with the police. As well as the one I posted earlier in this thread (also in NC where with the black man who had the car accident) and why no one should vote for Trump if he is on the side of the police.

There should be tons of outrage over this incident as change is needed.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/video/outr...000523219.html

Last edited by sickofnewyorkcity; 08-22-2016 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 08-23-2016, 03:54 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
just like I said in an earlier post that no one probably read probably read as it is not full of personal attacks, you cannot bring prior criminal records into it. The police need to believe it is possible to reform people or the system fails. he might have been on welfare, but that shouldn't matter either.

if he cannot just stand on the sidewalk in the city, it is a problem. if the business complained then ok they can tell him to leave but in no instance is a chokehold warranted. NYWriterdude, you are trying to justify the NYPD's killing of Eric Garner.
Repeated arrests by the police in and if themselves increase the chance of a violent encounter.

He cannot just stand in a sidewalk all the day front of a business like he was doing. Again you are permitted to be outside your home or outside the home of a person you are a guest off.

Basically if you want to get into it further the police are there to make the city feel safe for people with money. Unemployed men on the street don't make people feel safe. Garner needed a job, plain and simple.

Oh and the courts do indeed bring prior records into it.

I do not think Eric Garner should have died. He also should not have been hanging outside the store, and I will go further into the subculture that causes this. It's easier for women to get welfare apartments then men. So men like Garner are staying in their mother, girlfriend, wife, or some other woman apartment. Women don't allow these men to have all their friends over, do they hang out in the street. They can do this all day as they have no jobs. Of course hang outside a place where you don't live and where you are not a guest that is an arrest in and if itself.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
if the laws were removed from the books entirely

bad laws are only rarely removed from the books. They hang on like athlete's foot.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
if the laws were removed from the books entirely

bad laws are only rarely removed from the books. They hang on like athlete's foot.
Every 20-25 years there should be a mandated expiration on every single bill passed by any legislative body in the nation. Every law should have an expiration date if for nothing else other than to reasses its value to society. We have greatly veered off the original course set for this nation's government.

Old 08-23-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Repeated arrests by the police in and if themselves increase the chance of a violent encounter.

He cannot just stand in a sidewalk all the day front of a business like he was doing. Again you are permitted to be outside your home or outside the home of a person you are a guest off.

Basically if you want to get into it further the police are there to make the city feel safe for people with money. Unemployed men on the street don't make people feel safe. Garner needed a job, plain and simple.

Oh and the courts do indeed bring prior records into it.

I do not think Eric Garner should have died. He also should not have been hanging outside the store, and I will go further into the subculture that causes this. It's easier for women to get welfare apartments then men. So men like Garner are staying in their mother, girlfriend, wife, or some other woman apartment. Women don't allow these men to have all their friends over, do they hang out in the street. They can do this all day as they have no jobs. Of course hang outside a place where you don't live and where you are not a guest that is an arrest in and if itself.
I think you are overextending the situation. What does Garner wanting a job having anything to do with it?

He was strangled and killed for selling individual untaxed cigarettes on the street. You said he should not have been killed for selling Lucy's in an earlier post. Therefore he should not have been killed. You cannot bring all of these other nuances into it.

if they can always use prior criminal records, then there is never a chance of reform as I said in a prior post. I think thats the system that all these police unions and prison construction firms want, they want to keep everyone is the system. You are a part of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City