Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 06:03 AM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

WTF????

"One rider pulled the emergency brake during the panic, stalling the train above the East River. Pugh said she aimed to raise awareness about how people treat the homeless. She was unapologetic to commuters stuck in the subway with no air conditioning for nearly a half-hour.

“Of course they’ll be angry with me, but I guess I’m just doing me. I’m waking people up with my shows, my acts,” she told Reuters."

Manhattan Bridge cricket woman says incident was 'a prank' - NY Daily News

This freak needs to be locked up for something, what kind of whack job does this sort of thing for attention/publicity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 06:17 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,902,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
WTF????

"One rider pulled the emergency brake during the panic, stalling the train above the East River. Pugh said she aimed to raise awareness about how people treat the homeless. She was unapologetic to commuters stuck in the subway with no air conditioning for nearly a half-hour.

“Of course they’ll be angry with me, but I guess I’m just doing me. I’m waking people up with my shows, my acts,” she told Reuters."

Manhattan Bridge cricket woman says incident was 'a prank' - NY Daily News

This freak needs to be locked up for something, what kind of whack job does this sort of thing for attention/publicity?
What bothers me most is that she's unapologetic. She's going to do something crazy again. It won't be the last time we hear from her.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:50 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
What was her race? Lol!
I guess this question has been answered.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:10 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

If I'm reading it right, it's two more involved in this prank. Or she's lying. Much more bizarre that two more people would join in on that.

A seemingly fedup straphanger, apparently in on the caper, smacks the container out of her hand — sending the critters flying and commuters scattering for cover. Another man in a Giants jersey, who Pugh said was also an actor, is later seen in the video punching the disturbed woman.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:29 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I don't see the connection.
Yeah it seems more like she was making fun of their plight to draw attention to herself.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:36 AM

546 posts, read 763,710 times
Its a prank, woman been doing bizarre tricks to get famous. That kid that hit her is part if the prank. So is the guy that knocked the bugs out of her hand. She has entrauge of ppl working with her to make these dumb videos to include the camera man. why would anyone film the whole scenario so long...

Old 08-27-2016, 10:42 AM

481 posts, read 427,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
But if the train isn't at a station, pulling on the emergency brake is going to get you off the train sooner. It'll keep you on the train longer...
Even I'm angry at the person who pulled the emergency brake and I'm a transplant who wasn't on the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Can she be charged with mischief?

Old 08-27-2016, 10:47 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Next time she pulls a prank like that she and her cohorts should go to jail.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:04 AM

44 posts, read 83,142 times
There are ways to raise awareness and this is not one of them. People nowadays will do anything to get fame because it's easier than learning how to work hard. Quite sad, actually.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:05 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
What bothers me most is that she's unapologetic. She's going to do something crazy again. It won't be the last time we hear from her.
That IDIOT!! Unbelievable she is. All that chaos and people inconvenienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City