Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2017, 08:49 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
If drug dealers destroy lives then so do all fast food chains, snack manufacturers, alcohol manufacturers, cigarette manufacturers, gun manufacturers, credit card purveyors, etc.

Drug dealers destroy lives because of the violence they create not because they feed losers drug addictions.

All of sudden, white parents who raised loser kids are now blaming drug dealers for their ******* kids.
Yes. Obesity and diabetes from poor diets kills. Not to mention alcohol or cigarette related deaths.

As for how drugs kill people and why people die from drugs, look at this forum. The Trump supporters here give endless excuses for their poor situation and everything according to them is falling apart. If things are that grim, obviously suicide is an option and addiction is often a deliberate form of slow suicide (overdosing is often a bit more deliberate).

Old 07-04-2017, 09:00 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes. Obesity and diabetes from poor diets kills. Not to mention alcohol or cigarette related deaths.

As for how drugs kill people and why people die from drugs, look at this forum. The Trump supporters here give endless excuses for their poor situation and everything according to them is falling apart. If things are that grim, obviously suicide is an option and addiction is often a deliberate form of slow suicide (overdosing is often a bit more deliberate).
Who said anybody was destitute? This coming from someone living in the slums of Harlem.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:19 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,531,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I don't know if that poster is male or female.
I suspect that he is a male as females generally adjust better to difference. Maybe its the patriarchal system where men are in charge so don't adjust whereas women must always be flexible as they enter different environments.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Who said anybody was destitute? This coming from someone living in the slums of Harlem.
Hmmm. This being an area going through gentrification and I suspect that NYWriter is part of this process.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
. The Trump supporters here give endless excuses for their poor situation and everything according to them is falling apart. If things are that grim, obviously suicide is an option and addiction is often a deliberate form of slow suicide (overdosing is often a bit more deliberate).
Trump supporters blame blacks for addiction to crack and scream about it as if its a major epidemic, but the "poor" opioid addicts are part of the tragedy of America where minorities and foreigners make life so hard for "real" Americans that they are forced to commit slow (or not so slow) suicide through drug addiction.

Look at how Dominicans are now to blame for opioid addiction. I get it too much bachata and reggaeton can drive a "real" American to the heroin needle.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP DOM View Post
There's even a forum called DR1 where people gather to talk trash about dominicans and DR. I guess we have that effect on some people :lol: wonder where all the senseless hate comes from.
That forum consists of Dominican elites and white expats. Neither of whom have any real respect for the DR or for Dominicans themselves.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Notice that no country in the world has achieved this. Look at the public' reaction to the death of Eric Garner. .
Garner killed for selling a few loosies because the government was deprived of its taxes and some justify that killing and the same ones who cry a river over poor opioid addicts.

Look at that loser NJ governor who wanted to blast a hole in the NJ budget because a few of his college buddies are drug addicts. This is the same man who wanted to destroy lives over a few twigs of weed in some one's pocket. clearly for personal use.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Am wondering why some are making this a *white* issue? ).
Because the whole attitude to drug addiction changed when suddenly it was realized that it is now a white issue. In the 80s when it was perceived not to be a white issue every one, dealer and user, were arrested.

Let us be fair. Arrest all of those white opioid addicts for possession and destroy their lives with a criminal sentence. THAT will show that it isn't a "white" issue!

Old 07-04-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
As someone who attended the most prestigious university in NYC, which is in Harlem. Why would I not want to live within walking distance to my classes? I'm sorry you don't have a good education or professional opportunities.

When I can, I'll buy here as well. Good long term investment.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Because the whole attitude to drug addiction changed when suddenly it was realized that it is now a white issue. In the 80s when it was perceived not to be a white issue every one, dealer and user, were arrested.

Let us be fair. Arrest all of those white opioid addicts for possession and destroy their lives with a criminal sentence. THAT will show that it isn't a "white" issue!
Some of these posters are opiate addicts themselves. How can they advocate for their own arrest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City