Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 02:07 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

Barbershops are cash cows. Everyone gets haircuts. Even bald people need the fresh fade around the ears and back of the neck.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:10 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Barbershops are cash cows. Everyone gets haircuts. Even bald people need the fresh fade around the ears and back of the neck.
Barbershops are pocket change. People who found companies like LYFt go to top universities. Ditto Wall Street, and cabinet level positions. Only someone perpetually close to the minimum wage thinks a barbershop is a cash cow, and many are fronts for money laundering.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:10 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am here to tell you it's about time they let people have civil discussions. Before they shut down everything. The forum is more interesting as a result.
Oh, okay, glad that you don't mind if others get offended. It must be a non-issue if you think it's cool. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
People go to top schools because these are the people who go into politics, business, top level academics, etc. Nobody who is anyone cares about who owns a crappy barbershop. It's a servwnt job.
A lot of politican' goes down in barbershops too. Lots of reading material to get your academics in as well. Business? People can move goods out of barbershops. Sounds to me that going to a top school vs going to a barbershop basically accomplish the same thing.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:25 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Oh, okay, glad that you don't mind if others get offended. It must be a non-issue if you think it's cool. Thanks for reminding me.
Am not into the politically correct BS if that's what you're referring to. These days *everyone* is offended by something, so one can't win. Can go home and cry to mommy or whatever.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Barbershops are pocket change. People who found companies like LYFt go to top universities. Ditto Wall Street, and cabinet level positions. Only someone perpetually close to the minimum wage thinks a barbershop is a cash cow, and many are fronts for money laundering.
Am here to say have a few barbers. One has built up enough clientele that he owns his own barbershop. Brand new place with a 10-year lease. No, it isn't glitz and glam or whatever, but money is money. Am thinking no one cares if someone doesn't have a degree from Columbia or whatever. When I go to a fancy restaurant, am not thinking about what university I graduated from and neither is the waiter. Am only thinking about one thing.... Money.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
A top university graduate that went onto becoming an executive at a fortune 500 company (now retired) told me that the best investment he ever made was purchasing a barbershop.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
A top university graduate that went onto becoming an executive at a fortune 500 company (now retired) told me that the best investment he ever made was purchasing a barbershop.
You're lying.

Also cash businesses are fronts for laundering drug dealer money and that includes barbershops.

Nothing at all compared to people like Bezos, the founder of left and other Ivy Leave start up tech guys, or media industry guys.

There is absolutely nothing to make me want to own a barbershop or go to CUNY. I have access to much better networks.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:13 PM

If any of you want to own a barbershop, go straight ahead and do so. Do whatever you want to do.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You're lying.

Also cash businesses are fronts for laundering drug dealer money and that includes barbershops.

Nothing at all compared to people like Bezos, the founder of left and other Ivy Leave start up tech guys, or media industry guys.

There is absolutely nothing to make me want to own a barbershop or go to CUNY. I have access to much better networks.
Oh enough with the snobbery. Am becoming nauseous with your ongoing nose in the air routine. As was said, money is money. No one gives a damn about some piece of paper, not unless you're applying for a particular job or whatever. Am here to tell you would have no shame owning a barbershop. You have customers that may follow you anywhere you go and will tip well, and with everything being all cash, can't get any better. Any business that isn't managed well can become a mess, no matter how hoity-toity it may be. Can also tell you, no matter how much better you think you are than those with barbershops, am certain you too have a barber somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City