Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:05 AM

5 posts, read 3,249 times

Advertisements

hello rent.in.nyc, thank you for your advice and questions. We want to go to the open market housing, but in NYC not many house owners are willing to rent to section 8 families. Senior homes are mostly for people living with disabilities or living with medical equipment. When I see that, my heart breaks to see my own future is coming up. So, I hope to find a simple and safe place to live with my choice voucher in nycha or senior housing. It is not only that, my husband is not a senior yet, I want him to live in a little bit more pleasant place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 10:13 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYhi View Post
hello rent.in.nyc, thank you for your advice and questions. We want to go to the open market housing, but in NYC not many house owners are willing to rent to section 8 families. Senior homes are mostly for people living with disabilities or living with medical equipment. When I see that, my heart breaks to see my own future is coming up. So, I hope to find a simple and safe place to live with my choice voucher in nycha or senior housing. It is not only that, my husband is not a senior yet, I want him to live in a little bit more pleasant place.
Alright then, thanks for letting me know more details and I wish that you find soon what you are looking for! Good luck!

Old 09-13-2016, 06:56 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
WYhi,

You gave conflicting needs. You wanted senior housing but you don't want to see old people. Hard to reconcile the two.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 3,249 times
Hi rent.in.nyc,
We want to go to the open market, but in NYC not many owner willing rent for section 8 family. The senior house most of them are disability or living with heavy medicine equipment. When I see that everyday, my heart breaks and seeing my future. So, I hope to find a simple clean and nice place to live.
Thank you Kefir King for your information.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:59 AM

99 posts, read 168,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYhi View Post
Hi rent.in.nyc,
We want to go to the open market, but in NYC not many owner willing rent for section 8 family. The senior house most of them are disability or living with heavy medicine equipment. When I see that everyday, my heart breaks and seeing my future. So, I hope to find a simple clean and nice place to live.
Thank you Kefir King for your information.
Oddly enough, I completely understand how you feel. o.o!!! My family lives right next to a senior Chinese couple two doors down, and they're always happy to see all of us. I think it's because everyone else on the same floor are extremely quiet, except on friday night when one of the next door neighbors plays a movie very loudly for about 4 hours at midnight when a friend comes over. Nobody is bothered by it though, because we know it is worse elsewhere, and the concrete walls insulates half of the sound from the bedroom since their tv is leaning towards the entrance. Sometimes another neighbor releases their (2) children into the hallway to play with their toy firetrucks, so the hallway becomes a playground around 11am. Those neighbors are in their mid 30's, friendly, and quiet. Overall, I think this is what you might desire. I can't provide an exact time frame, so continue searching if necessary. We eventually need to move out due to personal medical reasons and my mother's dreams, so I don't mind letting you know the location to the management company whenever that happens. The mgmt comp. is adjacent to the building.

Last edited by Water_Nintendo64; 09-17-2016 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: Management Company for Voucher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: