Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 07:39 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Seriously, this dude is gross: Thief who stole a 93-year-old woman's $600 social security money from bra is arrested | Daily Mail Online

You can see from the video the guy just "knew" where to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Hiding money in a bar is a rather old practice. Bras provide a pocket between breasts where money and other valuables can be stashed.I suppose the idea was that a thug would grab a purse quicker than stuff his hands down a bra. My mother and grandmother used to do this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Was he tipped off by someone, maybe the woman's caregiver?
The guy followed her from Banco Popular. He saw her put the money inside her saggy, pancake tiddays!

Old timer MVP Tidday:
Christy Canyon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:33 AM

4,195 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
The guy followed her from Banco Popular.
I hope they still check out whether there was a connection to her aide who was apparently with her when this happened. I read an early story where the aide said she couldn't legally hold the woman's money for her or something to that effect. I don't know if that's true, I doubt it, and where was she in the store when they guy was going for the money?

The fact that he was in the bank with her doesn't eliminate the aide as being in on it. Maybe she wasn't but theft by home health aides making minimum wage (or less) isn't rare.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:54 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I hope they still check out whether there was a connection to her aide who was apparently with her when this happened. I read an early story where the aide said she couldn't legally hold the woman's money for her or something to that effect. I don't know if that's true, I doubt it, and where was she in the store when they guy was going for the money?

The fact that he was in the bank with her doesn't eliminate the aide as being in on it. Maybe she wasn't but theft by home health aides making minimum wage (or less) isn't rare.

May not be legally true, but a rule from the agency who employs the nursing assistant/home help aide.

Think about the potential for liability if a person claims an aide was given funds or property and they say otherwise. That and or the stuff is lost or stolen. As things stand many who have home help aides report being "robbed blind" with stuff going missing from their homes.

Remember often home help aides are alone in homes with persons who are elderly and or very ill. So easy for things to go walk about under those conditions.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:12 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Go Fund Me is now "expected"? OMG.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:05 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Or keep it. He can become the concubine of a powerful dude in prison. That will keep him safe from regular ass beatings.
This savage needs to die. Prison justice isn't as prevalent as it used to be. Not to mention, those doling it out mostly deserve to be dead also.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This savage needs to die. Prison justice isn't as prevalent as it used to be. Not to mention, those doling it out mostly deserve to be dead also.

Prison is too soft for these idiots; time to bring back some good ole fashioned hard work.

Am going to need some experienced back-up. Airborneguy you in? *LOL*

Old 09-10-2016, 05:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Prison is too soft for these idiots; time to bring back some good ole fashioned hard work.

Though giving them work can compete with honest labor and is good for the working public.

It maybe better to just severely punish him. Flogging is painful, over in a day, and he won't want to be back there (get a martial artist to do it).

Though it is probably true that this man doesn't have a job as working people are a lot less likely to steal.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Though giving them work can compete with honest labor and is good for the working public.

It maybe better to just severely punish him. Flogging is painful, over in a day, and he won't want to be back there (get a martial artist to do it).

Though it is probably true that this man doesn't have a job as working people are a lot less likely to steal.
You never in your life would get flogging and or other physical punishments to fly in courts. OTOH hard labor is another matter.

Prison has become too soft for many today. It is like a second home away from home, and often better than where they came. Three hots and a cot (with freshly cleaned sheets), gym, television, computers, etc...

Purpose of prison once was to be a place you avoided going at all costs. Now it seems to be an occupational hazard/cost of doing business for far too many.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:16 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:

Any time. I hate perps.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:28 AM

Ok, have the answer to my query.

Apparently Broyoan Lopez (aka the Perp) has an account at the same bank as the old lady, and was making a transaction about the same time. Thus he must have peeped the old lady withdraw her monthly check and where the cash was "hidden". The rest is pretty obvious; he followed the woman and her care taker then waited to make that move.

It was bank employees from said branch who recognized Mr. Lopez from media coverage and tipped off NYPD.

Attorney for Mr. Lopez have told the court their client "isn't well (no *S* Sherlock, brilliant understatement about a guy who goes around jacking 90 year old women), and requested he be placed under suicide watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City