Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 08:26 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Beth View Post
Bigotry is a bad look for you, old man. Do you know that Islam isn't a culture? Its adherents come from many different cultures. Sad that someone who benefits from Loving vs Virginia is dancing to yet another replay of the old "destruction of our way of life" saw.

I have a love note for you. My husband adds money to the donation can at the local Bangladeshi grocery store for the construction of a new mosque in the neighbourhood. We love living near to Muslims in New York. They tend to bring up the standard of living in the neighbourhoods they settle in, being clean and clean-living, quiet, and respectful of others. We think their presence is a sign of an affordable area with a decent standard of living where a family can be raised. And by the way if living near to them means not living near to you, all the better.
So Islam is not a culture, ok. It's not a religion either then. How far do you want to go with this? In fact, if you knew anything about the subject besides "oh I love my Bangladeshi Muslim neighbors" (some of the filthiest people in NYC by the way, every sanman who has worked a certain district in Brooklyn knows this) then you should realize you've been had.

It's a political ideology, a way of life, a "culture". Do some reasearch before I embarrass you, and I will because you don't know what your talking about. Nice try though, but I believe your trolling now. To say Muslims bring up the standard of living is laughable. What kind of sh*t hole was there before they arrived? Lol, you are delusional.

And your husband donates to mosque building? I'd love to meet this guy, I really would. Limp wristed "men" like that are good for a laugh. Now run along and do your homework little one, I'm looking forward to playing with you. Your type is too easy...

Old 09-24-2016, 07:12 AM

481 posts, read 427,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
So Islam is not a culture, ok. It's not a religion either then. How far do you want to go with this? In fact, if you knew anything about the subject besides "oh I love my Bangladeshi Muslim neighbors" (some of the filthiest people in NYC by the way, every sanman who has worked a certain district in Brooklyn knows this) then you should realize you've been had.

It's a political ideology, a way of life, a "culture". Do some reasearch before I embarrass you, and I will because you don't know what your talking about. Nice try though, but I believe your trolling now. To say Muslims bring up the standard of living is laughable. What kind of sh*t hole was there before they arrived? Lol, you are delusional.

And your husband donates to mosque building? I'd love to meet this guy, I really would. Limp wristed "men" like that are good for a laugh. Now run along and do your homework little one, I'm looking forward to playing with you. Your type is too easy...

I don't make it a habit to get excited about talking to brick walls.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:46 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
One should not blame an entire religion or group of people for what SOME people did. Clearly not every Muslim is a terrorist or a suicide bomber, and most are not.

One can condemn the actions of those who actually commit these murderous acts, without condemning lots of innocent people who have nothing to do with them.

But I don't think the problem is Stormfront. The problem is the US media doesn't portray Muslims as people . They are all terrorists, as presented by the news. They aren't presented as people who raise their kids, who send their children to college and who go on vacations.

And yes lest it be pointed out I know that in countries with sharia there is brutal oppression of gays. And yet there are gay Muslims. While clearly their society needs to advance on human rights, we should also point out how we've had severe oppression of racial and sexual minorities here. And of course the US was more than happy in the 80s to let gays die when the Aids epidemic came out. So can the US really condemn Muslim nations for homophobic practices when we've had some nasty stuff here, including secretly being happy that Aids wiped out a bunch of gay people? Christian zealots were basically saying it was from God.
I concur. The US media does not know, or sheds light on Muslim Americans. Muslim Americans are a group that remains by themselves. They either don't want to be bothered, or the US media does not want to be bothered with them. Thus allowing individuals in media to portray negative connotations by one side, to positive connotations by liberal media. I personally have great relations with Muslims. I drank alcohol and even ate pork side by side with Muslim already. No lie. Some Muslims even invited for dinner during thier holy months. I have met Muslim who were non religious and very atheist, to Muslims who were secular and only celebrate Ramadan, than you have liberal Muslims in this country, I came across gay Muslim couples, and Muslim lesbian couples. Muslim who are moderate and Muslims who are conservative. Same way how it takes one person to ruin an whole entire nyc public school classroom. It takes one person to ruin it for all hard working Muslim Americans. What I also like about Muslim Americans is that they believe in the American dream. Owning home, building a family, and sending their kids to college. The main problem with Islam is the sunni Shia divided that is being fueled by evil Saudi Arabia and Iran. Both countries follow hardliners Islamic doctrines that calls for killing of people. This is where al qaeda, isis and hezbollah stem from. It's these Islamic fundamentalist we have to watch out for. It's also up to Muslims to route out fundamentalist when they see one. Muslims must do their fair bidden to protect their fellow American. Didn't the father tell authorities that his son might be a terrorist?

Old 09-24-2016, 10:09 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Beth View Post
Do you know that Islam isn't a culture? Its adherents come from many different cultures.
I agree that Islam is not a culture, but a religion that forms the worldview of many cultures. Like most monotheistic worldviews, including Christianity, it contains elements that make it incompatible with others.

This is why secularism developed in the first place, to address the incompatibility of worldviews in culturally/religiously diverse societies.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Thread closed for mod review

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City