Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 09:30 AM

575 posts, read 669,129 times

Advertisements

Had lunch yesterday in Chinatown. Got some Pork Buns to go and went to Columbus Park, near 1 Police Plaza, to eat them. On one of two tables next to 2 homeless guys, there was a key ring full of keys. After a few minutes I picked them up to see if they could be identified.

There was a City Bike key tag so I called the number and they could identify the tag. They asked for permission to give my first name & phone number to their client. Granted. Two minutes later the call came and the lady had a friend who works nearby. Walked less than 100 yards and handed them off.

Thanks all around. It was a feel good moment for my buddy and me to bless this gal who left her keys and hadn't yet noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 09:39 AM

694 posts, read 1,198,712 times
Totally know the feeling. My friend found a wallet on the bus, by driver's license, we found googled the owner who happened to work at a college in Boston, called her, she was so thankful.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:15 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,071,287 times
Yeah its an uplifting feeling helping someone else. I've returned a wallet and a cell phone in my time. You think about being in the other persons shoes and the relief getting back something like this. Losing a wallet especially is jarring with having to replace ID, bank cards, and not knowing whose hands it wound up in. Well done and right around the holidays too. May the next eggnog be drank for you.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:21 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,894,414 times
Thank you for doing that. Good to know there are people who care.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:11 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,025,185 times
Did you get her # so you can smash later??

Old 11-22-2016, 09:21 AM

12,192 posts, read 7,158,845 times
Where were you people when I lost my wallet on a NYC bus a number of years ago? People there saw it on the seat when I got off but no one said a thing (I know this because when I got up, I noticed several people stare down on my seat when I got up. I didn't think anything of it until later when I discovered my wallet was gone). Never saw that wallet again. Had several hundred dollars in it, too.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:42 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,025,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Where were you people when I lost my wallet on a NYC bus a number of years ago? People there saw it on the seat when I got off but no one said a thing (I know this because when I got up, I noticed several people stare down on my seat when I got up. I didn't think anything of it until later when I discovered my wallet was gone). Never saw that wallet again. Had several hundred dollars in it, too.
Thanks bro! I spent your hard earned cash on trivial material possessions which brought me happiness for 1 - 2 days then i was spiraled back into my depression, hole in the soul, emptyness, etc after the novelty wore off.

Are you taking a new bus? I haven't seen you in a while.

P.S. Nice arse!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:12 PM

15,514 posts, read 15,500,774 times
Yeah, I've done that. Keys. Wallet. I once even tracked down the owner of a piece of jewelry.

Nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: