Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:06 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
You sure as H3ll can. I lived in in a state where the temps in winter are typically single digit. I was a child care teacher and EVERYday we bundled up the children and took them out to play. So more like you can't take the cold...
Exactly. Some people love making excuses for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 02:46 PM

11 posts, read 6,517 times
you can try and oust her from the board by running yourself. or you should just sell the unit - i assume your neighbor would love to approve your buyer since it would mean getting rid of you!

Old 12-21-2016, 06:41 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,941,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Exactly. Some people love making excuses for themselves.
You love throwing that word around whenever you hear a different opinion. Again, my point is that you be shouldn't forced out of your apt. because of a neighbor. Just because a daycare does it, doesnt mean I want my kids out in the park during winter. Not practical to have kids outside every waking minute. A place to live is more than just to sleep in....it is a home, not a hotel. Being a parent for a young infant or toddler is tiresome, sometimes you don't want to go out every day.

Last edited by nyccs; 12-21-2016 at 06:50 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 AM

74 posts, read 72,693 times
I can't believe that people believe that young families should only live on the first floor or buy a house or move to the suburbs or whatever.
You sure realize that you were all a toddler once right?
You sure realize that this is age-ism right?
You sure realize that toddler-hood doesn't last more than 2-3 years right?
So should young families make a huge, long-term investment to a property that suits you, never mind that it may restrict our life for maybe 10 or 20 or who knows for how long?

To give some balance to the issue though, I have a toddler, I live in a co-op in Queens and have never heard anything from our downstairs neighbor. And it's not that we have perfect insulation, we do hear the ones above us.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
You sure as H3ll can. I lived in in a state where the temps in winter are typically single digit. I was a child care teacher and EVERYday we bundled up the children and took them out to play. So more like you can't take the cold...
I can deal with the cold just fine....I don't want my kids playing there for any extended period of time. And my kid is not in another state and wouldn't be going to your daycare.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyaG View Post
I can't believe that people believe that young families should only live on the first floor or buy a house or move to the suburbs or whatever.
You sure realize that you were all a toddler once right?
You sure realize that this is age-ism right?
You sure realize that toddler-hood doesn't last more than 2-3 years right?
So should young families make a huge, long-term investment to a property that suits you, never mind that it may restrict our life for maybe 10 or 20 or who knows for how long?

To give some balance to the issue though, I have a toddler, I live in a co-op in Queens and have never heard anything from our downstairs neighbor. And it's not that we have perfect insulation, we do hear the ones above us.
It depends on your coop and who your neighbor really, something you don't know until you purchase the coop unfortunately. I found out about the thin walls 1 month after moving in. I would not go the coop route in hindsight....I would rent out a house and save for one if I couldn't afford a house at the time being.

Last edited by nyccs; 12-21-2016 at 07:33 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 07:01 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
You love throwing that word around whenever you hear a different opinion. Again, my point is that you be shouldn't forced out of your apt. because of a neighbor. Just because a daycare does it, doesnt mean I want my kids out in the park during winter. Not practical to have kids outside every waking minute. A place to live is more than just to sleep in....it is a home, not a hotel. Being a parent for a young infant or toddler is tiresome, sometimes you don't want to go out every day.
Totally agree with your opinion. I thought about all the same factors as you a few years ago and decided to relocate to a single family detached house in Bayside which is sorta like the suburbs in the city. The variety of restaurants and bars is better than anywhere in queens except Astoria and its suburban once you walk 5-6 blocks away from the lirr. A home def shouldn't be just a box to sleep in. And I grew up in NYC as well and don't see the advantage of living like roaches in square boxes. All the unique good stuff that I used to do in NYC like the $3 movie theatre in midtown, the $5 per person pool in union square are long gone anyway and my kids will never experience the unique NYC that I remembered.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:47 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
I can deal with the cold just fine....I don't want my kids playing there for any extended period of time. And my kid is not in another state and wouldn't be going to your daycare.
What part of LIVED to you not understand. That is PAST tense.
Sounds like you are just a cry baby. Part of the entitled generation. Your child will be worse of because of your entitlement.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:58 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are just a cry baby. Part of the entitled generation. Your child will be worse of because of your entitlement.
That's precisely the problem...

Old 12-21-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You sound like a whole a lot of other stuff with your personal attacks that I'm not going to post. Whether you said live or lived doesn't make a difference, we are in NY....winters are rarely in the single digits, so why bring it up. Everyone has their personal preference of how to raise their child. Just because its different than how you feel does not make someone a crybaby, entitled or someone making excuses which is Pierres favorite word when someone disagrees with his or her viewpoint.

When all you can reply back are personal attacks, youre not worth my time to reply back with. I'll be the better person and leave this thread as is.

Last edited by nyccs; 12-21-2016 at 10:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City