Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 10:45 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I've heard Jewish people say this for years, yet the exploding Palestinian population had YET to change the power dynamics in Israel.

I don't think Israel will ever agree to a two state solution, nor do I think the Palestinians would either. Frankly at this point they'd be broke without Israel, and giving up the West Bank would probably bank the Israeli military uneasy. So in short they are going to have to work out their issues some other way.

None of Israel's Arab neighbors have any interest in going to war with Israel because that worked out disastrously for them in the 60s-70s. Syria has a very nasty internal war, while at least Egypt and Jordan are stable.

I think Israel needs to create a country for everyone in Israel (including the West Bank and Gaza). No returning Palestinian refugees (because that's too convenient a way to slip in fights who are enemies to the Israelis). I don't think either side should have to go anywhere, people really need to find ways to get along with each other.
Israel already agreed to a two state solution and offered it to the Palesinians several times (including in 2000); it is the Palestinian side that has never agreed to that.

In addition, just to repeat: Israel withdrew completely from Gaza in 2000 (no Israelis living there now, no Israeli troops on the ground there), and I see no reason why they would want to go back in.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The two state solution died with prime minister Rabin during his assassination. Ever since his death. The kinesset of Isreal has been radical right and not center. I agree for what is best. I too want a two state solution, however the area is too small for 2 States to share, and resources are scarce. Resources are scarce conflicts will arise. I do agree on one state solution, but. I agree with John Kerry. That Isreal wants to create a state. It can't be Jewish and Democracy at the same time. A one state solution would be best that is inclusive to all people. The moniker of Isreal needs to be buried and instead replaced with Republic of Isreal /Palestine or RIP. This unilateral state mixed of Jews, Palestinians needs to be founded on principles if freedom. Liberalism, and motherland.
It is highly unrealistic that two peoples who are sworn deadly enemies are going to SHARE a country.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Israel already agreed to a two state solution and offered it to the Palesinians several times (including in 2000); it is the Palestinian side that has never agreed to that.

In addition, just to repeat: Israel withdrew completely from Gaza in 2000 (no Israelis living there now, no Israeli troops on the ground there), and I see no reason why they would want to go back in.
But Isreal agreed to it on their own terms. The terms of statehood needs to be amended and out into place by UN. But overall. Jews deserve a homeland, especially after centuries of persecution from one world Power entity to thr next. It's very sad. Like. I said. Thank goodness for benevolent States such as ptolemaic Egypt, umyyadd of Syria and Spain, ottomans, French empire of napoleon and thr United States that treated and welcome Jews with open arms. Other states such as Greek sluecede of Syria, Roman Empire , Imperial Spain, nazi Germany, Imperial, Soviet and putin Russia have all been hostile to Jews.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 01-02-2017 at 12:38 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 01:28 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
It is highly unrealistic that two peoples who are sworn deadly enemies are going to SHARE a country.
It's not that two people who are sworn deadly enemies, Its the leaderships of Fatah and Hamas who want to make sure Peace never breaks out as they are the profiteers of no Peace ever existing. The people lived with each other for hundreds of years before they gave lies to the people and the Europeans set foot in the land.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:06 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:

Israel didn't sincerely offer. If they really wanted to be rid of the West Bank, nothing stops them from sealing the borders and pulling out. Clearly they don't really want to, and I doubt they ever will.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
When the West was controlled by the church, Jews were basically the sworn enemy of Christians. Yet suggesting something like the Inquisition or pogroms today would be unacceptable. The West learned to remove religion from politics, and detribalize.

Which is all the Israelis and the Palestinians have to do.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It's not that two people who are sworn deadly enemies, Its the leaderships of Fatah and Hamas who want to make sure Peace never breaks out as they are the profiteers of no Peace ever existing. The people lived with each other for hundreds of years before they gave lies to the people and the Europeans set foot in the land.
The Europeans set foot unto Israel about 5x already. Philsetines, Greeks, Romans, crusaders, British.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Yes.
But now there has been too much blood spilled for the two peoples to trust each other and share a country.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Israel didn't sincerely offer. If they really wanted to be rid of the West Bank, nothing stops them from sealing the borders and pulling out. Clearly they don't really want to, and I doubt they ever will.
They sincerely offered a reasonable peace plan a few times.

Look, the UN divided the land into two countries - the West Bank and Gaza for the Arabs - in 1948!
It was the Arabs who didn't accept that in 1948 and they haven't accepted it since.

If they had accepted it in 1948, they would not be in the situation they are in now: stateless for generations.

As for Israel pulling out of the West Bank: personally I do think Israel should unilaterally pull out of PART of the West Bank (not East Jerusalem - that ship has sailed) just as they pulled out of Gaza in 2005.

I don't think Israel should pull out of ALL of the West Bank, because if you look at the map, that would make Israel indefensible from East to West (there is a point where the country would be very skinny in width and it's not a realistic idea to be able to defend it - perhaps that's why the Arab countries felt they could attack Israel every 10 years basically since it was founded in 1948).

Old 01-02-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
They sincerely offered a reasonable peace plan a few times.

Look, the UN divided the land into two countries - the West Bank and Gaza for the Arabs - in 1948!
It was the Arabs who didn't accept that in 1948 and they haven't accepted it since.

If they had accepted it in 1948, they would not be in the situation they are in now: stateless for generations.

As for Israel pulling out of the West Bank: personally I do think Israel should unilaterally pull out of PART of the West Bank (not East Jerusalem - that ship has sailed) just as they pulled out of Gaza in 2005.

I don't think Israel should pull out of ALL of the West Bank, because if you look at the map, that would make Israel indefensible from East to West (there is a point where the country would be very skinny in width and it's not a realistic idea to be able to defend it - perhaps that's why the Arab countries felt they could attack Israel every 10 years basically since it was founded in 1948).
Which is why they will never pull out of the West Bank. Security reasons.

But the split imposed by the UN was not reasonable. Palestine had been in Muslim hands for many centuries, and it was the British and French who decided to split those countries up into the current boundaries, making way for this current disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City