Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:26 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
When people like Chuck Schumer finally leave politics (and or this earth) those who step into their shoes are likely to have very different ideas about foreign policy as it relates to Israel.
Chuck brings home a lot federal pork for NYC and he supports mass transit.

Israel is a vassal state of the US just like it was for Rome. I say force peace. Give all of Jerusalem to israel. Let muslims have some access so they can pray to their rock.

THen have trump build a wall separating israel from the west bank. Have Bethlehem be the capital of the west bank. Palestinians can get money from the tourism and pilgrimage dollars from the bible thumpers if they keep it safe and don't have people getting their heads cut off. Done!

Don't know what to with gaza. They've become too radicalized to the jihad. Let israel bomb the crap out them I guess.

Make sure everyone speaks english!

Old 12-24-2016, 08:09 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Honestly how about not caring for either side and letting the Israelis and the Palestinians work it out or fend for themselves either way.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:40 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Honestly how about not caring for either side and letting the Israelis and the Palestinians work it out or fend for themselves either way.
tell that to the oil companies

Old 12-24-2016, 09:52 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I agree. America needs to let these two figure it out. Slash the aid to Israel and Palestine by the way.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:56 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
As a populist. I demand the end of funding zionism. The US government should not support Israel. The people's of South Florida, LA area and nyc have high concentrations of Jews. Let them privately fund Israel along with the conservative Christiana. However, I do have to admit. Israeli people are nice and warm. Israeli women are hot too.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:15 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As a populist. I demand the end of funding zionism. The US government should not support Israel. The people's of South Florida, LA area and nyc have high concentrations of Jews. Let them privately fund Israel along with the conservative Christiana. However, I do have to admit. Israeli people are nice and warm. Israeli women are hot too.

Disregarding the least few sentences I agree. Let's also take note that the Israeli government has been giving money to Israel investors to buy up property in NYC. Then take the money back to Israel economy. They are so called our "ally" but the relationship is severely one sided.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:19 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,829,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny DeSurf View Post
Is Obama anti-semitic or what? Until he arrived on the scene all of America supported Israel.
Is Obama anti-semitic or what? I'll go with "what". Anti-Semitic? You'd have to explain to me how a man who has virtually surrounded himself with advisors who are Jewish can be called an anti-semite. So, Obama or Trump, which one is the anti-semite? I'll go with the one in orange with thinks the other in black is a Kenyan, thinks Mexicans are rapists, Muslims should be banned, and Jews have, well, just way too much power.

Look, Sunny, maybe you just need to understand a very simple equation; or two for that matter:

Israel ≠ Jew
Jew≠ Israel

They're not the same. Not even close. I'm fervently anti-zionist, find Israel to be an inequitable, apartheid society, and favor full rights and equality and citizenship for all between the Jordan and Mediterranean: Jew, Palestinian, guest worker, refugee, the whole group.

And what drives my believes? is it anti-Semitism? Hell, no. I'm a Jew, a proud Jew, not a self-hating Jew. And my feelings about Israel are driven by my very Jewishness. To me and a huge portion of American Jewry (does anyone seriously doubt that Israel has already lost the American Jewish left?), Israel is anathema to Jewish belief in equality, social justice, love the neighbor, compassion, the law. I take pride that some of the greatest minds and leaders in the movement for social justice in Israel Palestine are Jews. "Not in our name" is a motto that describes it all. Based on being treated as outsiders, "the other", the misfits in the land of another people, those discriminated and persecuted in Israel Palestine, the "real Jews" are the Palestinians. Their story is the story of Jews in the Diaspora, Jews in the lands of the other. In Israel, we get the Jewish response to having to endured being the outsider for 2000 years in the land of others being to make a land of their own at the expense of the others who become hated and the enemy in their own f'ing land, a land they had been on for ages. (You may have heard this story before: English Pilgrims left the old world because it discrminated against them and started a new life in America in a colony of their own. In what became the Puritan dominated Massachusetts Bay, Pilgrims discriinated against virtually all other faiths, making them unwelcome in their part of New England)

Two thousand years of Jewish Diaspora, of Jews being treated like others in the lands of others, two millennia that built up to the tragedy that is the Holocaust. And what was the "Jewish response"? To develop a land of their own in the land of others (unless you really believe the old saw: a land without people and a people without land), brutally occupying another people (since 1967), the Palestinians, basically second class non-citizens in their own land, and telling the world that they are "the Jewish homeland" BS.

And guess what, fellow Jews: Israel's actions just prove the obvious....Jews are no different from anybody else....we both give as well as receive prejudice and when given a state, we do the same ungodly thing that all others do with their states. There is no Jewish exceptionalism (and, thank goodness, but exceptionalism means "different" and if real difference existed, than the likes of Adolph Hitler were right in their racial theories). More emphatically: JEWS ARE NOT VICTIMS. We alone did not suffer at the hands of others; that is sad story of humanity in general. And nothing can be more paralyzing than turning oneself into the ultimate victim. If that victimhood and that notion of "Beware, the world will always come at you for being a Jew") is what we pass on to our children, then we won't be having children who remain Jewish.

Israel doesn't even exist. It is Israel Palestine. And Jews make up 50% of the population at best, probably less. And Palestinian population grows faster than Jewish, guest workers from other nations still come in (and stay) and there will be no two states between the Jordan and the sea: Israel Palestine is one, indivisible (although hardly with liberty and justice for all): you cannot split it. It is interspersed with Jewish and Palestinian communities (look at the west bank) that cannot physically be divided by even the most gerrymandered border-from-hell.

And we real Jews do not support this abomination. There are plenty of us out there. And those two equations; they work:

Israel ≠ Jew
Jew≠ Israel

Last edited by edsg25; 12-25-2016 at 04:40 AM..

Old 12-25-2016, 07:23 AM

49 posts, read 55,120 times
Default Jewish friend still pro-Obama

My NYC Jewish friends are still Obama. I actually debated one of them about this action. He defended Obama while I criticized him for the move. I'm the hardliner!

Old 12-25-2016, 07:55 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newvoyage View Post
My NYC Jewish friends are still Obama. I actually debated one of them about this action. He defended Obama while I criticized him for the move. I'm the hardliner!
We need to stop giving welfare to Israel. I know trump will start it up again however the UN and the Obama administration did the right thing.

Meanwhile like I said earlier African Americans have never received reparations from this country after centuries of enslavement and oppression.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:02 AM

5,118 posts, read 4,966,473 times
Obama is a closet Muslim.
I don't blame him for leaning more towards the Muslim camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City