Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 07:33 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times

Advertisements

I wonder why at least 5 cops are smiling and laughing at the scene of a fatal crash. Some of them seem to be laughing at the crushed car.

Deadly crash shuts down traffic on George Washington Bridge | New York Post

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 07:59 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
You can't tell why they are laughing or assume what they are laughing about by looking at a picture.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You can't tell why they are laughing or assume what they are laughing about by looking at a picture.
No, but not a good visual especially with the ones looking at the crushed car.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:04 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Probably going too fast and driving too aggressively.

I drive conservatively but are always up against people that are angry that I'm not driving fast enough for them, leaving too much of a gap, letting people in, etc. even though I'm already in the slow lane.

The worst are the ones in northern NJ (central and southern NJ are much more polite). There could be other open lanes but they still want to tailgate you, flash their lights and basically try to intimidate you with their bigger vehicles. NY drivers actually have more class. They'll go to other lanes instead of making a situation out of it.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:39 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
If cops took seriously every disturbing job they went to they'd be basket cases very early on in thier careers.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:00 AM

368 posts, read 391,588 times
Considering that there is already sand spread around by sanitation, and the cameras set up, this is long (and possibly hours) after the accident. Does martinjsxx think that the cops should stand there glowering at each other for hours, just so that the martin doesn't get his panties in a knot when he goes to look at the pictures in the New York Post? Or maybe, just maybe, they might act like human beings, and have normal interactions with each other over the course of a difficult day's work? (And while we are at it, martin, do you suppose that nurses in hospitals never tell jokes to each other, even though there are desperately sick people nearby? Do you think that EMT's who have just dropped off trauma victims never smile and wave at each other on the way out of the hospital? Indeed, have you ever worked in the real world at all, that you think everything comes down to posing for cameras?)

Old 12-27-2016, 09:11 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
Considering that there is already sand spread around by sanitation, and the cameras set up, this is long (and possibly hours) after the accident. Does martinjsxx think that the cops should stand there glowering at each other for hours, just so that the martin doesn't get his panties in a knot when he goes to look at the pictures in the New York Post? Or maybe, just maybe, they might act like human beings, and have normal interactions with each other over the course of a difficult day's work? (And while we are at it, martin, do you suppose that nurses in hospitals never tell jokes to each other, even though there are desperately sick people nearby? Do you think that EMT's who have just dropped off trauma victims never smile and wave at each other on the way out of the hospital? Indeed, have you ever worked in the real world at all, that you think everything comes down to posing for cameras?)
And there you have it...

Old 12-27-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
I'll tell you what I think. I don't think first responders should laugh at a crushed vehicle in a crash where people died. Period. This wasn't cops returning to the precinct or nurses at their station in a hospital.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:26 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
People always assume speed, I disagree. Given by the type of cars involved, it looks like a typical lane changing and truck either did not give the change or too close.

I always see on the highways that the most dangerous events are people who don't allow traffic to flow by allowing for spaces around them. You see 2-3 cars side to side going 50-65mph and cars behind them cannot pass or get around them. So they tailgate or tried to pass around by changing lanes.

My guess is one car tried to change lanes and didn't see the other car and other car took evasive change and crashes into truck.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:29 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Probably going too fast and driving too aggressively.

I drive conservatively but are always up against people that are angry that I'm not driving fast enough for them, leaving too much of a gap, letting people in, etc. even though I'm already in the slow lane.

The worst are the ones in northern NJ (central and southern NJ are much more polite). There could be other open lanes but they still want to tailgate you, flash their lights and basically try to intimidate you with their bigger vehicles. NY drivers actually have more class. They'll go to other lanes instead of making a situation out of it.
100% untrue, NY drivers never follow the laws in NJ. The signs on all NJ highways says "Stay on the right lane and pass on left"

Yet, time after time I see NY drivers on the left lane doing 60mph blocking traffic when cars in NJ are doing 70-80mph, left lane is for passing and NY drivers love left lane hogging.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: